It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Ugh! I Bite My Cheeks And Lips!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
    onedaisiegal
    (female)

onedaisiegal HB User
    Exclamation Ugh! I Bite My Cheeks And Lips!

I have had a serious problem ALL my life. I bite the insides of my cheeks and my lips...like I bite at all the dead skin. I know lots of people that do this, but I dont think to the extent that I do...and I mainly do it when im stressed or bored. My 2 front teeth are the main teeth I bite with, and I've noticed them over the years starting to get a little loose! THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! I put so much pressure on them by biting my skin all the time...and also, my bottom teeth are dulling out , they look like they've been grinded down a little because of my biting. I have beautiful naturally straight teeth , and I dont want to ruin them!! How do I stop biting my cheeks and lips when i've been doing this for over 10 years??? I feel like my front teeth are going to fall out someday...im so scared.

Thanks to all who reply...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
    Re: Ugh! I Bite My Cheeks And Lips!

I have this exact same problem!! I've been doing this since I was 9 (I'm now 21), so it's been quite awhile, and my poor cheeks and lips (insides) have sure taken a beating. I always try and stop, but it's not that easy... At least with nail biters, there are things you could do to stop that like wearing nailpolish, or whatever. But your cheeks are RIGHT THERE, and so are your teeth! I don't even notice myself doing it sometimes. I've been trying to chew gum, because that keeps my mouth busy and I think I'm less likely to bite my cheeks if I'm chewing gum but even then I still do it sometimes. I'd like to hear what suggestions people have, for getting rid of this ugly habit!

Whiskers

P.S. I mainly bite my cheeks, so I use my larger teeth, that are farther back in my mouth--I haven't noticed any problems with my teeth being loose, or looking dulled down.

Closed Thread