It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Tooth loose but not loose

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #16
    julia8183

julia8183 HB User
    Re: Tooth loose but not loose

I too have loose teeth - front top - but the dentist says that there is no gum disease present. I have some missing back teeth, and the front teeth are apparently drifting- the loose feeling is most evident when I eat something that is very cold or very hot and makes the teeth contract/expand, and quite literally move in their ligaments.
    I agree, its very alarming when the teeth move. Apparently having implants to replace the missing roots of the missing teeth, will help stop the remaining teeth drifting so much and help alleviate the loose feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #17
    drizzt209
    (male)

drizzt209 HB User

about a week or two after my last post, i got a night gaurd. it seems to help a lot. i also just had my wisdom teeth extracted and i think i was bruxing a lot because they were completly erupted and my bite was kinda funky, and i guess when ure bites uneven at nite u can brux even if u dont during the day. to all of u with this plm, the popping feeling when running ur tongue over ur teeth, go to walgreens, spend 24 bucks on a night guard and see if that works. it did for me!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #18
    marteresa48
    (female)

marteresa48 HB User

I have been lookin on the net for 4 weeks trying to see what this problem was as it has come on 4 weeks after visiting the hygienist and I though it maybe due to having gums cleaned that my teeth are now getting loose? but like you all it happens after I have eaten but then they gradually tighten up again.

What worries me is will it get so bad that they will fall out?

Any help or advice very much appreciated.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #19
    marteresa48
    (female)

marteresa48 HB User

Have you still got this problem, or does it gradually go away?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:05 AM   #20
    marteresa48
    (female)

marteresa48 HB User

Has any of you still got this problems as I have it and wondered how long it last? or does it get worse?

Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #21
    marteresa48
    (female)

marteresa48 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BoingoBongo
    I have the loose thing too!

It's horrible. I've always had great teeth, and I keep up on my brushing/flossing but my teeth feel loose. I can feel my front teeth (top and bottom, but mostly top) move when I press my tongue against them, or when I drink something and whatnot, but there's no visible movement. It's been going on for a few months, and like you it's not getting better or worse.

I just want it to go away because it's so annoying, and I'm scared of loosing my teeth. I have a dentist appointment on the 11th of April.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #22
    marteresa48
    (female)

marteresa48 HB User

Hello Avedic22

Have you had any answers to this problem yet as I have the same thing as you, and was wondering if it is in the mind as thats what my dentist has said?

Closed Thread