It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Root Canal / Infection / Antibiotic concerns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
    Chewbaca
    (male)

Chewbaca HB User
    Root Canal / Infection / Antibiotic concerns

Here is the time line in short at which the problem or problems are happening...

March 27(sunday) aweful toothache #14 i think on top left side
    March 28(monday) emergency dentist visit...given antibiotics clindimyacin x2 per day...not sure of the mg ....told i will need root canal

March 29, 30.....extreme fatigue, flu like symptoms, absolutly no endurance
    arms tingling. called dentist and was told to reduce the
    antibiotic to 1x a day...not sure if i was hyper sensitive to the antibiotic.

March 31 stopped taking....the symptoms were unbearable....
    felt 100% better... not sure about the infection though
    April 1 trip to the endodontist...root canal performed and given
    875 mg amox. no problems...finished the bottle

April 13 back to dentist....rebuild the repaired tooth and order crown plus a good cleaning...been a while i told him that i had some possibly residual pain in the gum at the above the root, given 500 mg amox 3 xs per day just in case of more infection

April 14, 15, 16, once again extreme flu like symptoms, weakness , feverish....really freaking me out because i tollerated the 875 well.
    .....luckily i had week off of work, these symptoms got pretty severe.

April 17 wife made me stay on the amox.... as did a pharmasist that i called...

April 18 started feeling better.. actually so much so i was able to jog a mike on the 19th.

April 19 at work still taking the amox. full blown flu symptoms again, went home slept for 3 hours called dentist and went to doc. he said to stop as did my doc.

April 20 thru 23 ..slowly feeling better ...definatly have my endurance back
    not totally comfortable....nights are strange with chills

Now... the tooth feels fine, BUT....in the sinus area i feel some burning type discomfort although mild, pretty consistant. this has been a mini nightmare....do i ride it out or seek out more antibiotics as i am honestly getting very worried.

Thanks for reading the post, sorry for the typos and grammer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
    Chewbaca
    (male)

Chewbaca HB User
    Re: Root Canal / Infection / Antibiotic concerns

just a side note.....physically being able to function and not hurting today (apr.23) i feel normal besides the pain in the sinus area.

Old 04-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

This is odd indeed--you say burning/tingling in the sinus area??? What area exactly? Above the tooth itself as in below your eye but in the cheek?? I am thinking it's possible the last fillings I had done damaged a nerve---because I keep getting that odd tingling sensation below my eye and in my nose area--and this is exactly how far the numbness extended when the last fillings were done--he stuck me THREE darn times to do 3 fillings! I've never had that much novocaine and all the shots were fine except for the last one he stuck in the roof of my mouth and with it came this awful burning and tingling all the way up to my nose area--did you feel anything weird or not normal when they gave you the shot for your root canal?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
    Chewbaca
    (male)

Chewbaca HB User

actually the pain has subsided in the sinus area.....my initial fear was the spread of infection, compounding the strange intense flu like symptoms.

today being sunday i do feel about 85-90% bettor.

as posted in another post that i responded to ... my next root canal is not happening, im opting for the complete removal.

thanks for the responce.

good luck

Old 04-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
    Chewbaca
    (male)

Chewbaca HB User

actually to answer your question, yes, the tingling pain was above the tooth in the cheek area. i guess under the left eye.

Closed Thread