It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Broken tooth after Root Canal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
    7across2
    (female)

7across2 HB User
    Red face Broken tooth after Root Canal

Hi!
    I had a root canal done in the winter. I have not been able to afford the crown yet and tonight I was eating and half of my tooth fell out.

Two questions:
    Is this dangerous? (I have never had this happen before)

and What now?!

Since it is a Sat I am guessing I have to wait since it isn't an emergency. My dentist isn't in until Wednesday. Is it ok to wait?

Any help is apreciated.

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #2
    thepenster060
    (female)

thepenster060 HB User
    Re: Broken tooth after Root Canal

go call your dentist. it is an emergency.you may not be in pain because because the nerve was removed, but you are now risking losing this tooth that you just had an expensive rct done on. your dentist can build this tooth up i am sure. i hope you have been saving your pennies for the crown. let us know how it goes.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
    Robb
    (male)

Robb HB UserRobb HB User
    Re: Broken tooth after Root Canal

I broke a tooth after a root canal so it will depend on how much tooth is left as to whether or not they can save it. Mine required a post and crown so it was much more expensive. I spent about $2400 on that tooth between the post, crown, and root canal. That type of expense borders on having it pulled. There is much they can do to build a tooth back up unless its broken well below the gumline.

Anyway hope yours can be saved!!!

Closed Thread