It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• should I pull a loose tooth

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
    luvmypinkpdle
    (female)

luvmypinkpdle HB User
    should I pull a loose tooth

My stepson has 2 loose teeth. The first one is a molar that has been pushed up on it's side by the new tooth underneath. The new tooth is almost completely in and yet this baby tooth is still attached on one side. The other loose tooth is right next to it and can be pushed all the way over to see the new tooth which has already started comming up. This baby tooth also is still attached at one side. Both of these teeth have been loose to some degree for at least a month. He has been trying to wiggle them out for the last couple of days with no success. When I try to pull it he say's it hurts. We just lost our insurance due to a job change. He lives in another state and won't be able to see his dentitist for another 3 weeks. Should I just leave the teeth alone. With the teeth on their sides and with no more pushing up from the new teeth is it possible that the baby teeth will just stay attaced or even grow more attached to the gums?
    He has succesfully lost teeth on his own, one on the oppsite sideof his mouth just last month. He has also had permenant teeth grow behind his baby teeth and had to have the dentist pull those. Theese two teeth are just so loose I don't know why the won't come out.
    Any one have any ideas or prior experience?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
    dwhee
    (male)

dwhee HB User
    Re: should I pull a loose tooth

One thing to try is to get an over the counter tooth ache medicine (orajel ect.), dry the area, and apply the medication with a cotton swab onto the gum tissue all around the primary tooth. Let the orajel set on the tissue for several minutes, it should numb the gum enough to remove the primary tooth as long as you move QUICKLY when you use a gauze square to "dry off" the tooth. Please note that the baby tooth needs to be fairly loose for a lay person to be able to pull this off (pun intended).

Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
    chatty8484
    Veteran
    (female)

chatty8484 HB User

dwhee:
    Are you a dentist or student?

thanks

chatty

[Please don't ask people their professional title. This is a peer support group. Please read the "Posting Rules" above for more details. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 08-05-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
    dwhee
    (male)

dwhee HB User

....just trying to help people a little.

[Please do not mention professional affiliation, because it may provide undue weight to a board that is peer support. Please read the "Posting Rules" above for more details. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 08-05-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
    chatty8484
    Veteran
    (female)

chatty8484 HB User

No I knew you had to be somehow connected to a [removed], you give great advice!!!!
    Keep it up, we need as much help as possible

chatty

[This is a peer support board. We can't give out advice as professionals. Please read these details, by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 08-05-2005 at 06:37 PM.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
    luvmypinkpdle
    (female)

luvmypinkpdle HB User

Thank you for the advice. I tried the orajel but he still said it hurt too bad! Now I don't know if it really hurts or if he just THINKS it really hurts. I'll try again tomorrow or maybe bribe him with an extra couple of $$ from the tooth fairy. Really do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Closed Thread