It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• white creamy paste in the cheeks..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
    medium

medium HB User
    Exclamation white creamy paste in the cheeks..

to: toothfairy and co.

I have this white nerve-lines both in my cheeks (78 days to present) that produces white sticky paste. The paste will stick betweeen the lining on my teeth and gums (upper and lower gums.) There are white sticky paste every woking up in the morning and ten minutes after having toothbrushing my mouth. Addition: my tongue also are covered w/ white coating too and also my gums became tender and thinner.

May I ask what is this white sticky paste called?? is it candidiasis? plaques? what is this called? (no soreness or ulceration so far) Whats are the possible caues on it?

Hope for you kind hypothesis and reply. Thank you. John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
    Lori
    Inactive

Lori HB User
    Lightbulb

Medium!
    I dont have an answer to your questions, but
    I have pretty much the same symptoms as you do! Except my tounge isnt white (yet?) and havent noticed any difference in my gums.
    What toothpaste do you use? It started happening to me right when I started a new toothpaste and havent changed toothpastes again yet so Im still with the same one. Thats what I thought was causing these wierd symptoms but maybe I was wrong.
    I also have the strange white lines on my cheeks and experiance a very very annyoing and unusual "goo" in my mouth shortly after I brush and in the morning, it only happens after I brush-like yourself.
    I go for my usual 6th month dental check up next week and was going to wait till then to ask my dentist, maybe I should go to a doctor earlier..?
    I will let you know what I find out, would you please do the same?
    Thanks!
    Take care

Old 04-21-2001, 04:53 PM   #3
    Robert2

Robert2 HB User
    By any chance, have you been on antibiotics recently? It sounds like you have a fungal growth in your mouth. It can be caused by taking large doses of certain antibiotics. There is a certain kind of mouthwash for controlling just that kind of problem.

You need to see your dentist or family doctor because it is only available with a perscription. I wouldn't wait too long because the stuff can spread.

Old 04-21-2001, 07:12 PM   #4
    Lori
    Inactive

Lori HB User
    Unhappy

I myself have not been on any antibiotics for 5 months.... any other suggestions? Thank you!!
    Take care

Old 04-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #5
    Robert2

Robert2 HB User
    Do you happen to remember the name of the antibiotic you were one five months ago?

What happens when you rinse with an anticeptic mouth wash? Does it burn or sting?

Do you have any fever? Are your cheeks inflamed?

I'm still sticking to my guns about fungal infection just yet, but I'm trying to figure what the source would be.

Old 04-25-2001, 03:23 AM   #6
    medium

medium HB User
    To Lori,

Thanks for your kind concern.

Im looking forward to hear your reply about the findings upon after your visit to a doctor the soonest! Thank you. (",)

Old 04-27-2001, 02:33 AM   #7
    Shaelle
    Inactive

Shaelle HB User
    Lightbulb

I am rather surprised that you all have noticed this in your mouth. Most people seem to be completely unaware of this type of situation. First I'd like to recommend seeing your dentist/hygienist, as this is not the place to seek treatment. Secondly what you are describing sounds as if you are having some kind of reaction to your toothpaste. Are you guys using a toothpaste with tartar control? A lot of people seem to have a tissue reaction to the pyrophosphates in the tartar control toothpastes, and their tissues in their cheeks will slough off, kind of like your skin peels after a sunburn. Sometimes this is also accompanied with a slight burning sensation after brushing. Another culprit that can cause some of this is the new tartar control (coated) floss. Try using a plain toothpaste, with no added special ingredients, such as whitening, tarter control, peroxide, or baking soda. Try something like plain old Crest. See if your symptoms go away after a couple of weeks. Also remember to thoroughly brush your tongue, not just the tip. Get the whole body of the tongue, as this should rid the white appearance of your tongue. Good luck to all and remember to visit your dentist.

Old 04-27-2001, 03:10 PM   #8
    Lori
    Inactive

Lori HB User
    Question

Hi!

My dental appointment is on Tuesday so I will let you all know what my dentist says

As for right now I switched to "Crest, regular paste, cavity protection". It was the closest I could come to an "original" type toothpaste. I really hope this is ok, the ingredients include 'phosphates' but not the 'pyrophosphates'. Is that ok? I will try that for awhile and see what happens untill I get into the dentist. I was using "Crest, original paste, tarter protection" toothpaste, so that could be what Shaelle said about having a reaction to it.

What toothpaste do you use Medium?

Thanks everyone for their help! Ill let you all know what I find out and to hear how you are doing now Medium and did you find out anything new?

Take care!
    Lori

Old 04-27-2001, 07:12 PM   #9
    Shaelle
    Inactive

Shaelle HB User
    Yep, that is as plain as Crest gets, good old cavity protection, original flavor.

Old 05-01-2001, 04:43 PM   #10
    Lori
    Inactive

Lori HB User
    Update: I went to the dentist today. I explained about the whole thing and he seems to think it was the tarter control toothpaste. I guess it's very abrasive and you should only use it max once a week. He said that what Shaelle said was probably my problem but to keep using the 'original' toothpaste and wait and see if it gets better. So far maybe it's helping a little but I still have some peeling. Will keep you updated.
    So how are you coming along Medium? Is it getting any better for you?
    Take care,
    Lori

Old 07-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #11
    anak

anak HB User
    Re: white creamy paste in the cheeks..

yahoo!!!!!!!
    the very next day after i read the reply by Shaelle on another post, i went looking for a new toothpaste, without tartar control, without whitening and all natural, i bought Sensodyne Original, it caused me twice as much as the normal colgate but hey, i dont have that sticky white creamy in my mouth anymore!! wohooo!!!! ive been having this for nearly 1 year now, and i thought it was thrush!!!

Closed Thread