It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• my story...wondering if anyone relates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2002, 10:02 PM   #1
    lala88

lala88 HB User
    Post my story...wondering if anyone relates

Hey! Ok well i have been reading a lot about people getting dentures and things, and i know I am heading on the same track. Ever since I was young I have had a lot of teeth problems..especialls now. Around the age of 10 or maybe older im not quite sure, it was apparent that I wasn't going to be getting very many adult teeth at all. All together, I only got 2 front teeth that were adult and 4 molars in the back. But baby teeth don't have the ability to stay in very long...and that is why I am running into problems. They are all starting to loosen and fall out. I have gone through a TON of stuff with braces and movement of teeth, and now i have a retainer with two fake teeth in it. But now the doctors are having impressions made for my dentures they are going to have on the top and bottom. Im only 15 years old...and all of my teeth are going to be out. i feel so freaked- i have never met anyone with a problem like mine, im so young, and so far they cant figure out why i am missing over 25 adult teeth. right now i have 17 teeth in my mouth, almost all of which are baby teeth, and some are pretty loose. They are planning on giving me dentures in May, im really really scared becuase i will feel so weird at school with dentures. did anyone else have a serious problem at this age? They think i may have some disease or disorder called ectodermal displasia, though i am not showing too many symptons exept that i also have lost several nails. i find it really hard to chew and im sortof looking forward to dentures...at the same time i'm dreading it- i dont even know anyone with fake teeth except for my grandmother. did anyone go through something like this? i have never been able to find anyone like me, so i decided to go online. thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to lala88:
    CaringWmn (09-01-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2002, 02:02 PM   #2
    Debbie46
    Inactive

Debbie46 HB User
    Hi, Lalala. After reading your post, I just had to respond. Only having baby teeth, no permanent teeth under them, can be an inherited problem. My brother has several teeth like that. He has gotten bridges put in, to fill in the spaces where just his baby teeth had been. My daughter has several teeth that are only baby teeth; no permanent teeth under it. I think this can be an inherited problem: it doesn't have to mean you have some kind of disease. I would check with other family members: maybe some other people in your family have this problem. I was born with no wisdom teeth at all. Be strong: you CAN deal with it...I wish you all the best...Debbie

Old 04-22-2002, 03:24 AM   #3
    harley_baby

harley_baby HB User
    Talking

lalala, hey your not the only one! My mother-in-law had the same problem as you. At the age of 17 she lost ALL her teeth and got the full denture. She said she would not have it any other way cause she said no one even knew and thought that she had the most perfect teeth around.

Closed Thread