It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Loose Teeth, any hope?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2002, 10:40 PM   #16
iloveblue

iloveblue HB User
This testimonial about Pascalite's ability to deal with loosening teeth is referenced on different web sites about Pascalite. I would give you the URL but it would be considered advertising for another company. It is easy to find on the web.

"A sufferer from an advanced stage of pyorrhea was told by her dentist that she should have all her teeth extracted. She began to use cotton pads soaked in a PASCALITE-and-water solution, applying them between gums and cheeks at night. Her dentist later found the pyorrhea gone; and now, 10 years later, teeth and gums are in better condition than originally."

Ellice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2002, 11:15 AM   #17
JudyB1963

JudyB1963 HB User
lvnmyboys
I TOTALLY agree with you. I have been reading and posting on this board for a couple of months now. I feel like many of the posts give people false hope and discourage people from seeking dental care. I responded to the post about "Biological dentistry" below. Everyone should do their own research on dental issues and remember what you read on a message board are OPINIONS. Also people should always be encouraged to see their own dentist. A few months ago their was a post from someone who had periodontal disease. The person was told to take COQ10. The person responded that they were going to run out and buy COQ10 and CANCEL their appointment with the periodontist. That really disturbed me. I dont have a problem with people encouraging other people to take supplements (I am taking COQ10) but people should also be encouraged to see a dentist.

Old 06-23-2002, 01:36 AM   #18
ah683

ah683 HB User
Rhody,

Do you know what your readings on your pockets were when you had the amalgam fillings?

I have one tooth that has an 8mm pocket, which has not gotten worse or better over past few years. It has an amalgam filling, half of which is gone, and part of the tooth is gone. The nerve is also calcified.

I am thinking of extracting. There is a possibility it will need a root canal if I try to restore (which I don't want.) However, I also think that maybe if I have the mercury removed, the perio might get beeter. I'm curious to know if you had any pockets as deep as 8.

Also, any idea of the name of the white material you had put in, that worked so well?

Thanks much.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:52 AM   #19
rhody
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

ah683,

I'm not sure of the pocket reading for the fillings. I know for the tooth of mine that broke (that exposed the amalgam), that it went down to nearly the gum line. The dentist had to put a white filling crown on that one. You might also consider a crown instead of a root canal. See what your dentist will recommend. I had eight mercury-silver fillings on my molars. They were relatively large.

I'm not sure exactly what type of white filling materials that I had placed on my teeth, but they might have been porcelain. I've had them for about 8-1/2 years with no problems. I'm hoping that they will last a long time. I believe that the porcelain fillings resist wear and tear better.

I think it's important to find a good cosmetic dentist that will do this. I was lucky to have found a good one.

Closed Thread