It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Cery depressed from chronic problems and pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2003, 05:31 AM   #1
    Masteress

Masteress HB User
    Post Cery depressed from chronic problems and pain

For those kind souls who have the time to read my vent - I am very depressed because of my problems and It has gotten so bad that I was actually thinking of the worst way possible to end the pain, but I know enough that is just my crazy brain talking.

I'm 27 years old and I started having dental problems since I was about 7. My palate did not develop properly and my parents didn't take care of it when I was little. As a result, I have severe overcrowding. I had lots of fillings by the time I was 18.

As this is not bad enough, 6 years ago a dentist left a file in my tooth during a root canal. I had no idea that he did that, until I started having problems.
    Doctors were puzzled by my equillibrium problems, Iw as alway tired and sick. While all this was going on, I kept on going with dental work - all of my fillings, which were done when i was a kid needed to be replaced. Some nerves were still in the tooth, which was a root canal.
    more pain, more antibiotics.

then, my dentist discovered an abscess in the tooth with file cemented in it. the abscess went from lower to upper side of my face. Tooth with a file had to be pulled, tooth on top had to have root canal.
    They had to break my bone, because my teeth are so crewed up structurally.
    more pain, more antibiotics.

I thought it was done an over finally, after all these years. But No. I have more pain, even where it is not suppose to hurt.

I am pregnant now and I have to go to the dentist again, because I had a toothache all night and since the day before. i think i have a sinus infection and i thik it went into my jaw.

The idea that i will have to have more antibiotics is bothering me.

I just wish I was able to live without pain. I know it could be worse, it is only teeth, but i just can not deal with it anymore in a positive way. The only good thing out of it is that even though my teeth are a bit crooked, they do not look like a delapidated picket fence and I can still have a white smile.

Thanks for reading.

i think i will go and do some more self pitying lol

[This message has been edited by Masteress (edited 01-20-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2003, 09:36 AM   #2
    pinkcat

pinkcat HB User
    hello masteress, someone recently posted about a broken file left in their root canal. sorry about all your dental problems. does your ob/gyn know about all this dental work that has to be performed, pain and antibiotic use? if you haven't told the ob/gyn you should to make sure any meds given to you by the dentist are safe for you to use. best wishes. pinkcat

Old 01-20-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
    RubyD

RubyD HB User
    You poor thing! You are allowed to have a pity party with that much pain.

Just don't be so quick to chalk it up to "just teeth." I had a lot of dental problems which resulted in a lot of pain, but it ended up being trigeminal neuralgia not the teeth. It sometimes feels like the sinuses and jaw, but it's the nerves around them. Be sure to get a complete workup from your doctor.

I hpe you find relief soon!

Old 01-21-2003, 06:12 AM   #4
    Masteress

Masteress HB User
    hello and thank you for your replies!
    Instead of a dentist, I made a trip to my physician and I indeed have a sinus infection.

I looked in my anatomy books and sure enough it is the branches of trigeminal nerve that are causing the problem right now.

Unfortunately, I had to go on antibiotic. In my state, a physician or a dentist will not repscribe any meds to a pregnant woman without OB consult.
    They swear the anibiotic isn't harmful, but there are always sideeffects no matter what med we take.

It is benefit vs risk. If i don't take care of the infection I may lose the baby alltogether.

What causes trigeminal neuralgia? I just finished studying cranial nerves at school, it would be interesting to know.

thanks agian.

Closed Thread