It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Wisdom Tooth Extraction . Salty Taste

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
    njben
    (male)

njben HB User
    Wisdom Tooth Extraction . Salty Taste

Hello,

I had an upper wisdom tooth removed 3 days ago and now I have a salty taste in my mouth and was wondering if this is from teh Biaxin or a problem from the procedure. I have no pain or discomfort but was wondering what this could mean. I have no pain or discomfort as of yet, just the taste. thanks for any help!

Ben

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
    susara
    (female)

susara HB User
    Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction . Salty Taste

I had kind of a bloody taste, which I guess could seem salty too, for a day or so. Maybe it's just the blood clot forming. I wouldn't think that you'd still be oozing any blood after three days though, but I don't know, maybe a possiblilty.

Have you been able to brush your teeth yet? If not, I bet the salt water you may clean with combine with the blood clot could be causing the taste.

I'm not sure what Biaxin is, so I don't know about that.

Last edited by susara; 11-22-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
    wintersun
    Veteran
    (female)

wintersun HB User
    Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction . Salty Taste

I had all mine out, and since i can breath and smell now- EVERYTHING tastes salty-maybe it's that glue, too- just thought I'd share..I can tell ya now that manufacturers put WAY too much salt in everything! Do we really need 5 lbs of salt in donuts or bread-geez! Tastes like that, anyway.. But I get that. too sometimes...Don't know..?

Closed Thread