It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• crack cocaine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
    caesar

caesar HB User
    Post crack cocaine

I am of the opinion that there is a relation between crack cocaine use and the splitting of tooth enamel. My dentist said it could be that drug addicts have poor dental hygiene or that some hide the numbing rocks in there mouth. But I think there is something else that I don't know about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
    MunkyCrazy

MunkyCrazy HB User
    Meth will mess up your teeth in a very short time. It's not always that they have poor dental hygiene. My best friend does it, his teeth are horrible because of it. I don't know about crack cocaine though. I don't think it's as bad as meth cause I've seen more crack addicts and their teeth weren't as bad as meth users.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
    DonnaDe
    Veteran

DonnaDe HB User
    Yes, smoking of crack cocaine breaks down tooth enamel and creates tooth decay and loss. Just type "crack cocaine tooth enamel" into your web browser for lots of info.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
    caesar

caesar HB User
    I found on a search engine that the acids disolve a chemical in the enamel which reduces its strength. Another problem that I remember is that when users finally go to sleep, they grind their teeth.

Closed Thread