HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Dental Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/)
-   -   How long I have to wait to eat popcorn again? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/349147-how-long-i-have-wait-eat-popcorn-again.html)

daffy93 12-14-2005 05:21 PM

How long I have to wait to eat popcorn again?

Hi,

I had my 4 widsom teeth out 2 month ago. I haven't have any popcorn for 2 months now. How long do I have to wait to eat some popcorn when my holes need to be cover and healed?

daffy93 :)

diamond26 12-14-2005 09:53 PM

Re: How long I have to wait to eat popcorn again?

I just had the roots of two molars out less then a week ago and was eating popcorn within days. Why can't you eat popcorn? I asked my oral surgeon what to avoid and the only special instructions I really got was to avoid really hot drinks as they expand the blood vessels.
I have found that no matter what I do I can't keep food from getting in the holes.. the food always eventually comes out when I rinse or just when I drink.

By the way I don't really like to eat popcorn since I discovered something a few days ago.. the little hard pieces get stuck between teeth beneath the gum line and take a while to come out. I ate some popcorn one night.. I brushed and flossed regularly.. then two days later when I was flossing I noticed one those little hard pieces just coming out of my gums after 2 days of flossing and brushing!! So I think i will avoid popcorn from now on.

wintersun 12-15-2005 01:59 AM

diamond26 is right! I got a nasty gum infection from that, and the tooth had to come out. (molar) Popcorn skin got under my gum, and It never came out. just dug an irritated.

I want popcorn, too!

daffy93 12-15-2005 04:12 AM

I just miss having some popcorn when I go to see the movie. I just have drink and few candies when I go to the movie instead of the popcorn.

I don't want to mess up my holes or gum if I have some popcorn. I don't want to go back to the oral surgery doctor to do this healing process over.

I don't go back to my dentist until March. I have a feeling I might have to wait for long time to eat popcorn again.

I don't know why my right side is hurting me again during the mornings. I haven't been hurting for a week and then one night, it started to hurt and now it hurt little. I really haven't been eating hard foods much. I guess I have to go back to soft foods if it kept hurting me.

Dawn

wintersun 12-17-2005 02:42 AM

Drag.. I have to wait for popcorn, too since most my teeth got pulled a little over a month ago! It doesn't happen every time, but it CAN at ANY time, ya know??

daffy93 12-17-2005 05:39 AM

I heard few people said a long time for me to eat popcorn. I am still not heal on my right side and it is still bothering me at nights time.

I am thinking to go see my dentist sometime next week if I can this time to let him know that I had my 4 wisdom teeth out and just check my mouth to be sure everything is okay with the gum and teeth.

daffy93

wintersun 12-17-2005 08:29 PM

Never hurts to check it out!! Let us know..