It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Constant cavities, need advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
    tunafizzle
    (male)

tunafizzle HB User
    Constant cavities, need advice

Hello, i'm in my late teens and I've probley had around 40-50 cavities filled in my life. Each time I go to the dentist he finds at least a half dozen more. Since so many of my teeth have fillings I cannot get sealants on them. (a few of them I was able to get sealed though) I found another cavity today that just appeared out of no where. I brush regulary, drink soda maybe only once a month, and avoid sweets, yet I still get cavities all the time and have no idea why. My dentist tells me I'm just going to have to deal with it and its just going to get worse as I get older, with most of my teeth having to be capped or crowned (which is a pretty discouraging thing to hear when your not even in your 20's yet) Does anyone know of any procedures that can help me or have any idea of what I can do?

Thanks, any ideas are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2005, 02:29 AM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: Constant cavities, need advice

Do you have acid reflux problems? I never got cavities when I was young, but then I started in with the GERD, and I get lots of cavities. I'm on medications, but it hasn't helped yet. But it's a thought.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
    wintersun
    Veteran
    (female)

wintersun HB User
    Re: Constant cavities, need advice

Some people are just prone to them. It might be the PH balance in your mouth is off, or not enough saliva. Do cavities/bad teeth run in your family? They can.. Talk to your dentist, and see if he has any solutions-(Major flouride, or what??) Ask him also why this could be happening..And what you can do, if anything..

Closed Thread