It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• White coated tongue and it STINKS!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #31
    fl grl
    (female)

fl grl HB User
    Re: White coated tongue and it STINKS!

Consider not using full strength peroxide frequently,Using too much peroxide can cause a condition called "black hairy tongue" No, I'm not kidding. Look it up. Have you tried just brushing,flossing, and scraping just once a day for a couple weeks. You may actually be doing overkill with products and causing more problems. Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #32
    jcbridges
    (male)

jcbridges HB User

Another product that you may not know about is Cuprident Oral Foam Rinse. It is by the far the most effective product against chronic halitosis that I am aware of. More info at: [Removed]

[Do not list websites with advertising. Please read the board guidelines by clicking the "Posting Rules" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 06-22-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #33
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User
    Smile Re: White coated tongue and it STINKS!

flgirl,
    pls read my thread on sinus infetion. My white coated tonuge, horrible BB, and misery is appearing to disappear bc i am using Tung Brush to scrap off deep imbeded VSC on my tongue.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #34
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User
    Talking Re: White coated tongue and it STINKS!

Guys, great news! I had a cup of Starbuckís, white chocolate mocha coffee Saturday morning. Normally, this drink reeked havoc on my BB by completely coating my tongue. Steamed dairy milk, sugar, and coffee are perfect combinations for anaerobic bacteria to feast. When I finished, I sat there for about 15minutes people watching. In the past I knew exactly what took place in my mouth, massive colonies of anaerobic bacteria waging devastating war on proteins with millions of volatile sulfur compounds, hydrogen sulphide, methyl mercaptan, BB gases infesting my tongue. Well, after 20 minutes I had to face the moment of truth. I had to examine my tongue to see how badly coated with bacteria. As I stuck out my tongue in the rearview mirror, lo-n-behold, it was fresh, pink, and rich with saliva. Hallelujah. For the first time, no disgusting white coated tongue resulted from this drink. How this happened? I am not doing anything different with my oral hygiene regimen other than the introduction of the TUNG brush that I ordered via the internet. All these decades, I though I was thoroughly cleaning and scrapping my tongue, and I WAS, but it did very little in removing the deeply imbedded, entrenched, and decades of colonization of VSCís hiding in nooks, cracks, crannies, and ridges on the posterior portion, farthest back reaches of my tongue where a toothbrush couldnít reach. I merely had the wrong tools to work the job. My toothbrush and tongue scrapper were ineffective instruments to removing the anaerobic bacteria on the posterior of my tongue. I am pleading to you to focus 110% on cleaning the very back, posterior of your tongue with a TUNG brush. Not all tongue scrappers are effective as I have collections of seven different tongue scrappers in my medicine cabinet that are rendered useless. Please donít be offended by observation. I know there is no one more knowledgeable of your condition than yourself. Iíve searched far and wide, used every kinds of remedy, and experienced crashed hopes of a cure many times over. Why are our tongues prone for anaerobic bacteria to thrive on? Why our saliva doesnít produce Streptococus salivarius? I donít know. I can live with chronic PND, sinus infection, xerostomia (dry mouth), and nasal congestion, but I canít endure suffering with BB for the rest of my life without hopes of some reasonable alleviation. I ceased my Candida treatment Friday b/c my tongue is now pink and fresh. My BB is not internal digestive problems, but bacteria infestation on my tongue. Yes, my PND and sinus mucous continue to provide rich protein food sources for the anaerobic bacteria to regenerate. I just have to devote additional time to thoroughly eliminating them from the far reaches, posterior of my tongue with my new device TUNG brush; itís my Godsend. ThisÖ, I can live with. I also believe the tonsil stones imbedded in my tonsils will eventually disintegrate as less anaerobic bacteria are reproducing during the night while I am asleep. From my personal observation, this is the only time tonsil stones are formed because saliva flow stops, swallowing and movement of the tongue ceased, making it an ideal environment for liquid form anaerobic bacteria to solidify in my tonsils. Bacteria have a harder time adhering to soft tonsil tissues if saliva and tongue are constantly washing them off. If three weeks ago, someone approached and informed me that I wasnít effectively removing bacteria from the posterior of my tongue, I would have ďwent offĒ on him/her. Not today as my BB condition has is dramatically reduced. This is nothing short of a miracle, my desperate prayer answered. Please try to follow my observation. I hope you find some reasonable alleviation from your suffering as I did.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #35
    loudy
    (female)

loudy HB User

Oceanside!

I went and bought the TUNG brush last night, and then used it this morning. I noticed that my tongue was a bit brighter, but I still had BB probably immediately.
    When you first used it, did it work immediatley? Im wondering if I should continue to use it or accept that fact that it too doesn't work.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #36
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

loudy,
    Ultimately it's your decision to continue using the Tung brush or not. However, is there another alternative way for you to clean your tongue that's effective? I think you should use it. For me, I don't use it like an ordinary toothbrush but I utilize a circular motion to clean the very furthest reaches of my tongue. After a b half minute u should begin to see thick white mocuous collected on the bristles. That's when I know the bacteria are being removed. I continue to clean the entire rear region of my tongue. My mouth has never felt this clean. I used to hv to brush up to 5x a day b/c plague builds up on the outter upper and inner lower moler of my teeth, n my tongue was coated white w bacteria. Use circular motion up to two minutes. The longer u clean, the deeper u penetrate colonized bacteria (VSC) on your tongue. I am fully convinced that's the origin of my chronic BB. I don't know why I m getting great results as oppose to others. It has to be the fact that u r not cleaning your tongue long enough. Lik I said, u will see gross/disgusting thick white mocous collected on the bristle, if u r using the brush correctly. Loudy, it's worth it. Devote additional time on cleaning your tongue w this brush. Also, I never claim that I m cured of my chronic BB. Judging from positive reactions of others when talking to me indicates that my breath is not offensive as before. I believe my BB is reduced up to 75% or more. I also asked my bestfriend to do a breath test on me n he said that I didn't have BB at the moment. Believe me, I m freaking out a/b waking up to find out I still have chronic 24/7 BB. I keep licking my wrist to smell the saliva, and lo-n-behold, NO stink! Doesn't smell, no disgusting odor! Keep on experiementing w the brush. U owe it to yourself to live a reletively normal life. I m passionate a/b this b/c I feel your pain. and I want all of us to be able to laught out loud, speak freely, and b able to give your loving deep passionate kisses while the sun slowly sets in romatic Hawaii. LOL. Don't give up.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #37
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

loudy,
    Ultimately it's your decision to continue using the Tung brush or not. However, is there another alternative way for you to clean your tongue that's effective? I think you should use it. For me, I don't use it like an ordinary toothbrush but I utilize a circular motion to clean the very furthest reaches of my tongue. After a b half minute u should begin to see thick white mocuous collected on the bristles. That's when I know the bacteria are being removed. I continue to clean the entire rear region of my tongue. My mouth has never felt this clean. I used to hv to brush up to 5x a day b/c plague builds up on the outter upper and inner lower moler of my teeth, n my tongue was coated white w bacteria. Use circular motion up to two minutes. The longer u clean, the deeper u penetrate colonized bacteria (VSC) on your tongue. I am fully convinced that's the origin of my chronic BB. I don't know why I m getting great results as oppose to others. It has to be the fact that u r not cleaning your tongue long enough. Lik I said, u will see gross/disgusting thick white mocous collected on the bristle, if u r using the brush correctly. Loudy, it's worth it. Devote additional time on cleaning your tongue w this brush. Also, I never claim that I m cured of my chronic BB. Judging from positive reactions of others when talking to me indicates that my breath is not offensive as before. I believe my BB is reduced up to 75% or more. I also asked my bestfriend to do a breath test on me n he said that I didn't have BB at the moment. Believe me, I m freaking out a/b waking up to find out I still have chronic 24/7 BB. I keep licking my wrist to smell the saliva, and lo-n-behold, NO stink! Doesn't smell, no disgusting odor! Keep on experiementing w the brush. U owe it to yourself to live a reletively normal life. I m passionate a/b this b/c I feel your pain. and I want all of us to be able to laught out loud, speak freely, and b able to give your loving deep passionate kisses while the sun slowly sets in romatic Hawaii. LOL. Don't give up.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #38
    Spaz199
    (male)

Spaz199 HB User

I too also swear by the tung brush, it works like a charm. It gets so much of the crud off of my tongue, it's amazing. I've always thought I was doing it effectively, but I was proved wrong. It has completely changed my situation its just unfortunate that it isn't helping some people.

@Loudly - I was wondering if you've tried peroxide. I know its been suggested all over this board, but I think it really does work. I rinse with it (mixed with water), scrape (with tung brush) for at least a minute, and then brush with baking soda & water. After this routine I follow up with mint toothpaste and I have no BB all day. Hope that helps, good luck.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #39
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User
    Talking Re: White coated tongue and it STINKS!

Spaze;
    That's awesome! I am blowed away how effective the Tung brush has worked for me, and you, too. That confirms my observation about how deeply bacteria are infested in the back of our tongues. I am so glad that it is working wonders for u as well. Thanks for posting your feedback. I am more convinced that the only reason why it doesn't work for some is that they are NOT effectively using the brush and removing the bacteria WAY, WAY, WAY, back of the tongue. We all agree that expensive mouthwash w ClO2, and other expensive chemicals doesn't work to rid BB. However, I can safely say that we agree that they do temperarily work for a/b 30minutes but the odor returns. That's because as quickly as the bacteria are killed by the chemical, they regenerates from the colonized bacteria still alive under the surface of the tongue. That was my problem before I used the Tung brush, and I believe that's the same problem for 99% of us with chronic BB. That word is CHRONIC. We have BB 24/7 b/c the bacteria are infested deep under the surface of the tongue. For those whom are using the tung brush, please share your experience b/c if we are to have any relief it's going to be getting help from each other's experiences what work and what doesn't.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #40
    cyndi63
    Inactive
    (female)

cyndi63 HB User

I use the tongue brush also and it is helpful.. however I really discourage using peroxide or any chemical like that in your mouth. it kills the good and the bad bacteria. Ihave used Cuprident toothpaste (they have a mouth rinse also) and it will accomplish the same thing only in a natural way that doesnt destroy the "good" bacteria in your mouth. When we destroy the good bacteria it leads to digestive problems and a host of other issues.. I think that Toms also have something but I didnt find it nearly as effective as the cuprident toothpaste. They use copper in someway and that may be the catlyst? not really sure.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #41
    keitholock
    (male)

keitholock HB User

Hi Louise,

What type of peroxide is it, whats it called by name and how do you use it as I didn't think it would be safe to put peroxide in your mouth please reply with instructions. Like you i've tryed everything the last 10yrs nothing works, I brush it numerous times a day the coat is like cheese white with yellow patches at the back and red blister spots at the front tip without the bad breath but it has ruined my life and confidence. I avoid meeting people as whe I talk or smile I can see people look and frown, doctors and dentists dont understand how this takes over your life. I look forward to your reply many thanks. K

Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #42
    helynne
    (female)

helynne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louise2
    I have tried almost everything that i can think of. I use a tongue scraper but it only helps for 5 mins, then the stench returns. I am 32 and have had this problem since i can ever remember. I can rember being 8 or 9 years old, and kids commenting on this problem. Its so embarrasing, I can not live life to the fullest because of this. After reading this forum, I have decided to give peroxide a go, thats something that I have not tried. Although I do not hold much faith that it will work for me.
    Id really like to get in touch with others that have the same problem. I feel so lonley. Its ruined so much of my life and also so many relationships that I have held. I have become a bit of a hermit, and only feel safe in my own home where can relax.
    This is my first post. Hope I am doing it right. My husband had a similar problem and eventually a doctor told his to sniff salt water twice a day so he did just that, snorting it up his nose from the palm of his hand. It cleaned stale mucous from his sinus cavities and presto, gone was his bad breath. Here's hoping it will work for you too.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #43
    mendyh
    (female)

mendyh HB User

I don't have this problem but while reading the posts I noticed that no one mentioned acupuncture.

I'm not exactly sure that acupuncture can help but I do know that acupuncture uses the health of the tongue (along with the pulse) to determine overall health, balance in the body and treatment.

Everytime you go to an acupuncturist they look at the tongue and they are trying to get the tongue back to a healthy state so it may be worth a try.

I used to be skeptical about acupunture but I am now a true believer as I credit it with greatly helping me overcome my infertility. And, believe it or not, but it was my fertility doctor, who btw is considered one of the top 3 in the USA, who required that I go to an acupuncturist as it has been proven to help infertility.

But, just another word, the acupuncturist will also recommend a diet and herbs and these will be very important to achieve overall balance in the body. When I first started with acupuncture I wasn't willing to take herbs (nor did my M.D. recommend them) nor follow the diet. It wasn't until I was desperate and willing to try anything and it really made all the difference - you can't do things half way and expect full results!

Anyway just a thought.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #44
    aussie_jono
    Inactive
    (male)

aussie_jono HB User

Brush your tounge while brushing your teeth, using Colgate Total toothpaste, and follow this by rinsing the mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash, or hydrogen peroxide.

Taking a dose of metamucil or eating bran each day can help, by making sure the colon isnt putrifying, and taking lactobacilus capsuls can help in the same way.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:24 AM   #45
    Toolfan
    (female)

Toolfan HB User

I am wondering if you are currently on any prescribed meds. I have epilepsy and some of the medication I have been on did exactly that. I even had bumps in the far back of my tounge and my dentist says that prescribed medication can cause this to happen. Even if you brush all the time, the white film may not go away. He just said to keep brushing my tounge regularly. The odor could be caused from either the meds. you might be on or you need to get the deep scraping and planing done. That should help drasticlly. check into that. When was the last time ou had the scraping & planing done on your gums & teeth?

The only other thing I can possibly think of is: Periodontal Disease. They should give you a spcial mouthwash for that & will more than likely scrape your gums. Do you bleed when you brush your teeth at all. That would b an indication that the cleaning really needs to be done. Also start brushing with only a oft bristle brush. Let me know what you find out.
    I will always be taking meds for epilepsy so it is wie for me to t that cleaning every 3-6 months.

Again, let me know.

Toolfan

Closed Thread