It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• I'am so scared of dentist and have major problems with teeth ... someone help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
    tdmap
    (female)

tdmap HB User
    I'am so scared of dentist and have major problems with teeth ... someone help please

Hi i'm new here and i'mso affraid of dentist my teeth have been rotting out of my head for the last i would say almost 12 years they have been so rottin that they broke off and i have had that happent to 4 on the bottom and 2 up top and i dont know if i can go through with gettting them fixed or what ever it is they would do i guess that is what i'm affraid about dont know if they can do anyhting for them and the rest of my teeth or gross to my front teeth or protruding out more and more i guess from my teeth being almost gone.. i mean can they fix my mouth and will i be able to wear denturs i worry my gums will not be able to hold dentures in place since i have let them go for so long i try and brush them everynight and everyday now i guess i should of done this 12 years ago and i would not be in this problem but i have had bad experiences with dentist so that is why i have not went to the dentist in 18 years.. well i hop esome one can help me get through this and relieve some of my worrying i'm really scared i'm also a diebetic and have a heart murmor also so i know i need to get something done has any one had this kinda problem and was able to be fixed without complications.. i hope some one can help. i'm also 37 years old also.. so thank you hope some one can help me that has been through this..

tdmap

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
    mlt3610
    (female)

mlt3610 HB User
    Re: I'am so scared of dentist and have major problems with teeth ... someone help please

having heart problems is really a reason to go to a dentist, since infections can go to your heart-seriously.Take a deep breath...get your local yellow pages & "shop"- yes...shop for a dentist that sounds like they would be sympathetic when you call & ask questions. Let them know you've delayed seeing one in years & you'll get answers from either a nice receptionist or someone who isn't. See who has laughing gas-this will calm you down & some dentists will put you to sleep & work on your mouth. You shouldn't have any problems with dentures once allt eeth were removed-it's all gums that you'd be working with. But...there may be alot of things available to help your mouth-just don't let your fears ruin any future chances to get help now.
    God bless you
    mlt

Old 08-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
    mummy2kaleb
    (female)

mummy2kaleb HB User
    Re: I'am so scared of dentist and have major problems with teeth ... someone help please

Hi There is only one answer to this if you really want to get onto of your dental problems then you have to go to the dentist.Tell the dentist that you are alittle frighten and they will talk you though what they are doing.Ask around your friends if they know a good dentist.
    I'm in and out the dentist alot these days as I have braces on and I was scared through some parts of the dentist but I thought I want to get my teeth healthy so I have to do this and I will not die.

Good luck with everything

Closed Thread