It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Sorry, was on vac. So I got my "roofless" dentures

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #1
    wintersun
    Veteran
    (female)

wintersun HB User
    Sorry, was on vac. So I got my "roofless" dentures

Which aren't really roofless, and there is no ultra suction. Still gotta wear glue. There is about a little less than a half inch wide horeshoe on the roof that goes up pretty far, and they do feel comfortable, and fit great, (and only 12 teeth, which I like) but the teeth are bigger than my other ones (and lighter), and they are even imperfect slightly to make them look more realistic. (That's fine, but I can't figure out why they didn't set the teeth all in a straight line-the molars are a little in-maybe my bite or something???) But I havn't been wearing them much, because I haven't learned how to talk in them yet, so I'll have to practice on the weekends or something.. (here we go AGAIN- ha ha) The partial is a great fit also, but it won't hardly stay in because there is nothing for it to grab onto since I got my canines pulled (waaa!)
    My other dentist had told me I would never get nothing to fit down there-I thought he was crazy, but it turned out to be true..
    So, almost 2.000 bucks later..And they made me sign a paper saying I liked them when I really wasn't 100% sure..They did do everything right, maybe I'm just crazy and not used to them yet. Also, if I learn how to talk in THESE-will I also be able to talk in the others-like will my tounge remember which set is in? ha ha. we'll see. I'll keep ya posted!

Last edited by wintersun; 10-18-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
    Hope4All
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User
    Re: Sorry, was on vac. So I got my "roofless" dentures

Hi Wintersun

Sorry things aren't going great for you. Did you ask them for the Ultra Suction? I would love a roofless denture but mine will say NOOO. I'm going in for my perms soon, but when I do the wax try in my husband will be there with me. I have to make sure my place doesn't push me to sign. I'm not to crazy about this try in phase, they may look and feel ok, but what happens when I go to eat!!! I'm afraid my back teeth won't be sharp enough and I'll still be mashing food!

UUUgh you have to relearn talking AGAIN!!! Dang, I'm STILL having problems with anything that has an X in it..!

Hope

Closed Thread