It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Mild tooth ache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
    ittal
    Veteran
    (female)

ittal HB User
    Mild tooth ache

Here's the back story.

When I was pregnant with my second daughter (almost three years ago) I developed a small cavity in one of my teeth. I was stupid and just ignored it. When I was pregnant with my third daughter (1.5 years ago) it started to hurt, so I went in to have it filled. The doctor did extensive drilling, and said that I may eventually need a root canal or extraction.

Now I've developed a small, dull, pressure type pain in the tooth. I have a sinus infection at the moment, and I have been hearing horror stories about dentistry for two days now.

The pain, basically, feels like downward pressure on the tooth. It isn't enough to cause real 'pain' but is enough for me to take notice, like a mild headache, but in my tooth. The filling is still firmly [knock on wood] in place, the tooth is not sensitive to hot or cold, and there is no pain when pressure is applied. The pain will last for about a second, then disappear for a few minutes or an hour. I get very panicky at the time of the pain, which may be making it worse. I am very very babyish about my mouth, so when I say there is almost no pain, it probably wouldn't even be noticeable to others.

My mother suggested that it may be neuralgia, stress, or the sinus infection.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd prefer to avoid a trip to the dentist if at all possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
    Evie4
    Veteran
    (female)

Evie4 HB User
    Re: Mild tooth ache

The one and only tooth abscess I had presented a very dull ache. I can only REALLY remember the part, during which a couple days, I felt this pretty much continuing ache. It didn't really hurt that much but it was over a weekend and I decided if it hadn't stopped by Monday morning I was going to call the dentist. It turned out to be an abscess. I do get aching in my molars that are related to my sinus and generally happens during the winter. That isn't/wasn't a pulsating ache like the abscess. The sinus related aches tend to move around the teeth rather than just "sit" in one tooth (in my experience). Hope that helps!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
    ittal
    Veteran
    (female)

ittal HB User
    Re: Mild tooth ache

It went away by the next morning and I haven't felt a thing of it since. My sinus blockage also seems to have evaporated too.

I'm keeping an eye on it. I should be seen for a check up anyway. I'm just afraid of having to have anything major done.

Thanks!

Closed Thread