It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• I'm having trouble finding a good dentist - Very bad dental issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
    Reynolds726
    (male)

Reynolds726 HB User
    I'm having trouble finding a good dentist - Very bad dental issues

Before I tell you my story let me describe to you my current condition. I have a recently chipped and painful tooth near the back on the bottom left, an older chipped tooth near the back on the top right, and a completely broken wisdom tooth on the bottom right. The only painful tooth is the one on the left currently but my wisdom tooth is worse than the rest. This wisdom tooth is worrying me because it's so infected and sounds exactly like cancer (the inside flesh is hard, bleeds easily, and alternates between a white-ish and dark red color). It's been broken for years now and I can't seem to find a dentist to pull it. My lymph nodes are also swollen all over my neck to at least an inch each node on either side of the neck and in the center and are very hard to the touch.

Okay so the other week I decided to try a dental plan (insurance takes too long to activate). I chose Aetna Dental Access. I went to the dentist a few days ago. That was the worst experience with a dentist I've ever had. The nurse was great.. she preped me and took x-rays of all three teeth individually then when the dentist came in and looked at the xrays he basicly said that the tooth on the left can be saved with a root canal and the others had to come out. He then recommended me to an oral surgeon saying it's best to have them all taken out at one time. I asked him if he'd take the tooth out that was giving me pain and I'd see another dentist on my own for the rest and he said no. So in under 45 minutes I was in and out of the dentist and he didn't even look in my mouth and I was out of $54! That may not be much for the x-rays but he could have at least looked inside my mouth and gave me his expert opinion before refering me to someone else who's 50 miles away..

I'm starting to really dislike dentsists. All I want are three teeth pulled and any infection or condition with my lymph nodes cleared up. The one good thing he did was put me on an antibiotic called azithromycin. I hope that will clear up my neck/mouth problems until I can find a better dentist. I'm on day two of the five day treatment and I've noticed no change in my swollen/infected wisdom tooth.

What do you recommend? I need these pulled and I can't afford a root canal (which the dentist estimated at over $500). There has to be something I can do to get some help. I probably make too much money in a month to get any kind of government assistance but almost every cent of that goes to my medical insurance along with other bills. I need these teeth out now before I make a trip to a doctor about my neck and all advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
    drupe56
    (female)

drupe56 HB User
    Re: I'm having trouble finding a good dentist - Very bad dental issues

Just by your description of what shape your teeth are in, I think it was in your best interest that he did recommend you to an oral surgeon. Think what shape you could be in if he did say "oh yeah I'll pull them" then he had trouble with extracting one of the them. You may really be hurting then.

Yes he maybe he should have looked in your mouth, but then that shows the surface where as the x-rays can show a whole other story.

If it was me, I'd go to the oral surgeon. Besides the longer you wait the worse the teeth are going to get and that's not counting what bad teeth can do to the rest of your system.

Closed Thread