It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Toothache, and it looks like my gum's leaving a tooth over-exposed?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
    Slickie
    (male)

Slickie HB User
    Toothache, and it looks like my gum's leaving a tooth over-exposed?

I have a small cavity on one of my teeth. Being a college student, I'm pretty strapped for cash and couldn't afford to have it fixed two weeks ago when they found it. However, I was told it was pretty early in its development and I could get it fixed in a couple months without any ill effects. However, late last night both sides of my mouth started to hurt. It felt like it was my jaw. I endured and this morning I woke up okay. Every time I eat, though, the dull feeling turns into all-out discomfort. Feeling around with my finger, I felt a lump along my bottom gumline.

I looked in the mirror and there it was. The same tooth with the small cavity on its backside now has a bulging part of my gums along the front side of the tooth. A lot of the tooth is exposed, too! You can see much more of the tooth's lower part than the other teeth, and the part of my gums under the tooth is bulging out. It doesn't feel raw or swollen, it feels pretty hard, but it's certainly poking out way too much. The part where my tooth meets the gums is also kinda red. I'm worried my tooth will just pop out.

Is there any chance this is just a temporary swelling, or am I gonna have to deal with this until I get the cavity fixed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
    Rosie the 3rd
    (female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
    Re: Toothache, and it looks like my gum's leaving a tooth over-exposed?

Sounds like the tooth may have developed some kind of infection which is causing the gum to react. You need to get to the dentist without delay.

Closed Thread