It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Problems after Wisdom Tooth was Pulled-head feels full, ear pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
    shirley91
    (female)

shirley91 HB User
    Problems after Wisdom Tooth was Pulled-head feels full, ear pain

About 2 weeks ago I had a wisdom tooth pulled on a Monday. I ended up with so much pain and swelling that I tried to call my dentist by Wednesday. Since he was not in, I suffered and ended up going to a doctor on Thursday. She said I had an infection in the spot and gave me a round of antibiotics. I continued to have terrible swelling, overall bad feeling, my heart fluttered a lot, my ears would have terrible pain and would be really sensitive to sounds when they were even slightly hurting. I did get better and finished my antibiotics yesterday morning. However, now my head feels full and my ears have still had terrible pain and fullness. I do have sinus drainage but I have had many sinus problems before and it didn't feel like this. Last night I went to urgent care and she said she thought my eustachian (probably mispelled) tubes were plugged and they would eventually un-plug themselves. My ears were normal otherwise, only a little red on one of them. I don't like the feeling that this gives me. My eyes even hurt and I have seen swiggly lines like I might get before a migrane (I have had baby migranes before). My eyesight doesn't seem like it did before. I feel like something is pushing on them and my entire head, face and ears. Because of a Mitral Valve Prolapse that I have, I cannot take normal decongestants. I have taken an allergy pill though and it does not seem to help. When my ears hurt, it is in the back and feels like a sharp pain. Sometimes it will last for seconds, sometimes minutes but it will usally hurt for awhile after I have the sharp pains. I did have these same ear pains when my swelling was so bad but they got better as the swelling went down. Why is all this going on? Has anyone else had similiar symptoms either after a wisdom tooth was pulled or at any other times?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Problems after Wisdom Tooth was Pulled-head feels full, ear pain

did you eventually get on contact with your dentist?was the tooth pulled in the upper jaw area of your mouth per chance?it really does sound like you could still have some level of infection going on with the sinus and not the actual space the tooth was in?it may take a totally diifferent or stronger type of anti B to actually finally kick this thing.the dentist could have also hit anerve when he pulled that tooth too.one big thing that i found out when i had a back upper tooth pulled once is that alot of times,the roots of the teeth can actually be "in' the floor of the sinus cavity itself and not just stop within the gums on top,you know what i mean?mine was like this.there just could be some connection with the infection that actually started within the exraction area where the tooth was and the possible infection that ended up in your sinus.i would most definitely speak to your dentist or even just show up at the office and demand to be seen ya know?you are his patient and he did do this to you and does have a responsibility to make certain everything is going okay too. i do think you just may need a much stronger or more specific type of anti B to really totally clear this.it just sounds like you may have had two totally different areas of infection going on that all started from the same trigger.they may have just manifested themselves according to where they showed up.i would definitely get on the phone or like i said,if you know he is there,show up,but you do need to have this all evaluated by the dentist who did this to you.a wisdom tooth extraction just should not present with this much ongoing crap for a patient for this long or if it does,your dentist owes you some help here ya know?i do wish you luck and hope this all clears up very soon for you.please let me know how things go,K? **

Closed Thread