It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Mi Paste or Soothe Rx for cavities??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
    annaf
    (female)

annaf HB User
    Mi Paste or Soothe Rx for cavities??

Hi everyone,
    I have been very very diligent with my brushing for the past two years..so I was devastated to know that I have 2 new cavities..these on previously virgin teeth
    I brush 2 times aday, floss almost after every meal...this is more beacuse food seems to get caught between teeth (especially where I have crowns) and also use mouthwash - previously listerine, now ACT quite often.
    I am jsut 26 and can't afford to keep getting cavities. ..
    My dentist just put me on prevident toothpaste. I am also planning to ask him for previdetn rinse..
    I was also reading online and found MI paste which has ACP which apparently helps reminrealise and also Soothe Rx ffor sensiticity which also helps with remineralizing....I had incredibbly sensitive tetth on my last cleaning and was vincing from pain all the time..
    I feel doomed to bad teth even though i take a great care of them..
    I have figured I was not drinking enough water - so maybe not getting enough flouride ...so have upped that as well..
    Anybody tried MI paste or Soothe Rx and had any success? I seem to be very prone to cavities

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
    dabner
    (female)

dabner HB User
    Re: Mi Paste or Soothe Rx for cavities??

Well, first of all I wouldn't worry about getting fluoride in your water since you are too old to take up systemic fluoride. I have used MI Paste and it works well. I would focus more on your diet. I don't care how good your oral hygiene is, if your diet is out of whack then you can throw your toothbrush in the trash. Where are you getting sugar? Sugar causes decay, nothing else does. Remember that all food, except protein, has sugar. Starches are often the culprit. Also, those fruit flavored waters are high in acid, as well as diet drinks. Acid causes erosion, which weakens the enamel making it succeptable to decay. Sooth RX is not the best thing if you are wanting to strengthen your enamel. I would go with th MI Paste. You don't need Prevident paste and rinse, thats just wasting money. Remember that damage to teeth is cumulative, so this could be the long term effect of poor eating habits from teen or early adult years..
    Also, think about duration...Are you a sipper or a grazer? It's not how much sugar, it's how long..
    Every bite or sip you take is a full meal for the bacteria in your mouth... They eat what you eat and in a matter of minutes they poop in your mouth. This excretement is highly acidid and this is what causes decay. you take ten sips in one minute....thats ten poops. Hurry up and drink or eat whatever it is you have and be done, then rinse with regualr water or brush. Also check food labels. You are getting sugar from somewhere. Good luck!

Closed Thread