It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• 21 and rotten teeth please help me!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
    thisisme0
    (male)

thisisme0 HB User
    21 and rotten teeth please help me!

ok so i just turned 21 and have always had bad teeth guess it runs in the family my older brother had dentures when he was 19 and my mom got them also. i dont really wana get dentures and cant picture myself "popping" my teeth out i would rather pay a million dollars to get em fixed but i dunno if they can be. but i dont have a million i work full time making $8 a hour so money is tight im missing pretty much every back tooth and the fronts are starting to rotten out like where the tooth and gum touch.

this is very embarrassing and i want to get them fixed if i can, its very hard being 21 and having bad teeth and all your friends having nice teeth i cant smile in front of girls or they will see them i HATE it.. just to go in and see what a dentist will charge is gona cost a killing.

but any help/advice i would appreciate thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-19-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
    Re: 21 and rotten teeth please help me!

I am sorry for your situation...I also had rotten teeth as a kid in school and that is never nice. There are a few dental colleges in Texas...look them up and see if they are anywhere near you...they sometimes take patients with limited income....or at least put you on some sort of sliding scale payment plan. Contact the different ones and see if they can help you. If they can't help you then perhaps your local low cost/free clinic can at least take a look at you and give you a referral...not sure what the low income use in Texas. If you are in pain from tooth decay then go to the local county or state hospital emergency room and see if they can refer you to someone that has limited income. You just need to plead your case with someone who knows the system...just so you can get that referral...once you get in the 'system' then you might get some help. I'm sorry I don't have more information but good luck. Maybe someone from Texas on this board knows where you can go. I can only wish you luck.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
    thisisme0
    (male)

thisisme0 HB User

so i got a baby tooth brush to start back brushin with.. hopefully more pieces dont fall out. every time i touch them they bleed tho and if i clean them u can see the cavitys more i hate that! and toothpaste on cavitys hurt is just plain water and scrub ok for now?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
    bergerbaby
    Veteran
    (female)

bergerbaby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thisisme0 View Post
    so i got a baby tooth brush to start back brushin with.. hopefully more pieces dont fall out. every time i touch them they bleed tho and if i clean them u can see the cavitys more i hate that! and toothpaste on cavitys hurt is just plain water and scrub ok for now?
    well,i would suggest gargling in warm salt water and using cordysil mouthwash for a week ,then cordysil daily rather than just washing mouth with water only

i know how your feeling about your teeth ,as mine not much better,and i should have all my teeth out and have dentures,but like you i cannot bear the thought of having to have all dentures even though thats where its leading
    also be lot cheaper for me in long run and wont be in any pain if i did

good luck

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
    thegreat85
    (female)

thegreat85 HB User
    Smile Re: 21 and rotten teeth please help me!

I know how you feel i am 22 and pretty much all of my Teeth have a range form little to small cavities on them. I am a Stay-at-home mom and We don't have Medical let alone Dental. but my teeth Started Falling Apart when i was doing Certian Drugs that im not Proud of. and I used to be VERY outgoing and smiled all the time! but now i have to smile with my mouth closed and i am embarrassed when i meet new people, thats all they see. I sometimes feel Sorry for my Husband, when we first got together it was fine i smiled ALL the time. then this happend. And now i am not myself. But like you i don't want to get Dentures but the way it looks im going to Spend the Same amount! so i might as well get all my teeth Yanked and get Dentures! I feel Bad when i Say to my 2 yr old to brush his teeth so they will look like Daddys and not Momma's. Horrible! but its the Truth! I wish you Luck! I hope we can both Get through this horrible time in our lives! Again i Wish you Lots of Luck!

[Please avoid cuss/slang words. It's better to write horrible or terrible as edited above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 09-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #6
    nick6776
    (male)

nick6776 HB User

i am in the same position as you, i am 23 and am from england and my teeth are in a complete mess, they are rotting and i dont know what to do. i have not smiled in years and am so depressed, i try to avoid goin out with friends because they all have perfect teeth.
    and to make things worse i fell over 2 years ago and chipped my front teeth and when that happened i decided to go to the dentist to sort them out and see what they could do with all of them, but i felt they were basically mocking me and in the end refused to help me, and i dont know what else to do. if u have an e-mail address we could see if we can help each other. my email address is [removed]

[Do not post your email address or other contact information. For more details concerning this and the other rules, please click the "Posting Policy" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 10-08-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
    happydwarf78
    (female)

happydwarf78 HB User

Hello,

I'm 29 and have the same problem. I've just been to the dentist for the first time in my life this week, and i have to have everything extracted and get dentures. I'm waiting until Jan to get it done, so at least I won't have dentures before I'm 30 (birthday in Dec)

Life sucks sometimes, eh?

But, I'm mostly replying to this to tell you that there are a number of places that offer a sort of medical credit plan - Capital One is one of them, but there are many, many others. You could probably just do a [removed] search for medical credit, or call around to dentist offices and see if they can recommend any. Usually, for these sorts of plans, a low-average credit rating is all that's required. It would cost more long-term, but it would off-set the cost for you now and break it down into easier to manage portions.

[Do not post web search engines. Please read more about this and the other rules by clicking the "Posting Policy" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 10-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Closed Thread