It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Tooth extraction and bone showing...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
    kitty33f
    (female)

kitty33f HB User
    Tooth extraction and bone showing...

I had my tooth extracted on Tuesday. I have a bone about the same length on the extraction site on the outside of my gums. It is hurting and I am wondering if this may be normal and will come out. I have already gotten on small piece out, but this piece has gotten my gums sore and swollen. I can seem to move the piece to get it loose. Could this part of my bone and that is why it won't move or is it that long and needs time to work its way out to were I can pull it out on my own without the dentist's help. The extraction was not difficult, but I could hear a lot of cracking when he took the tooth out. I was by itself so I know that it was not from another tooth. If anyone can help me and tell me if it will work its way out by itself or do I need to go back to the dentist.
    Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Is tooth implant necessary? sashapanther Dental Health 4 05-29-2009 05:38 AM
    My canine tooth, pull, fill, or root canal? dogeyed Dental Health 4 04-15-2009 08:59 AM
    bone infection after wisdom tooth extraction that punctured sinuses? candleinthewind Sinus Problems 2 12-02-2008 09:31 AM
    Neighboring Tooth Breaks During Extraction Kimberlie Dental Health 10 02-02-2008 02:29 PM
    Tooth extraction and implant -- immediate or over time? Precautions? walkunafraid Dental Health 17 04-28-2007 06:27 AM
    Cracked Tooth Causing Osteomyelitis boufarino54 Dental Health 16 06-04-2006 11:38 AM
    what are options to replace a pulled tooth? kellie2 Dental Health 5 05-05-2006 07:11 AM
    Extraction - broken tooth/Retained root? kinda long daytymer Dental Health 1 02-23-2005 07:48 AM
    is it my last jaw tooth or the bone? IIse Dental Health 2 07-03-2003 08:40 PM