It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Is this normal a week after having a wisdom tooth pulled?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
    wideawakeinaz
    (female)

wideawakeinaz HB User
    Is this normal a week after having a wisdom tooth pulled?

It's been a week since my lower right wisdom tooth was extracted. From what I could tell, the surgery was pretty simple, the tooth wasn't impacted, it was out above the gum, and in total, the time it took for me to relax, get numbed up, have another tooth filled, and the wisdom removed, was less than an hour...with most of that time being spent to calm my nerves.

So, today, I was looking in the mirror and I have a white chunk on top of the extraction area. So, being curious, I touched it, it felt soft, but didn't move off the hole. I then took a flashlight and noticed that it appears I have 1 stitch left...

but what is worrying me...when I was looking with the flashlight, I noticed under the white chunk, that my hole is still black. is that normal? Part of the gum is pale white, then you get to the hole and it's still black. A week later, should it be more white/pinky color?

Im not in pain, once in a blue moon i taste a little bit of blood....im not oozing blood, not bleeding, but i just have a small taste of blood, but not all the time. like i said, i don't consider myself to be bleeding and i have no pain...knock on desk.

Iim just not sure if i should worry about the white chunk, the last stitch, and how my hole is still black under the white chunk...or if i should just not worry about it, since im not bleeding and not in pain?

Any thoughts on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
    Re: Is this normal a week after having a wisdom tooth pulled?

I think everything sounds ok. Just leave it alone and quit looking at it. If there's a problem you'll know it because it will start hurting. Happy Thanksgiving

Closed Thread