It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Root Canal Treatments On Multiple Teeth

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
    SFGirl86
    (female)

SFGirl86 HB User
    Question Root Canal Treatments On Multiple Teeth

Hi everyone.

This is a kind of a long complicated story, but I'll try and condense it.

A month ago, I went to my dentist for my annual exam and cleaning. During the exam he found a deep cavity in my upper, furthest back, left molar, #15. I went back a few days later to get a filling.

A week after the filling was done I was still having pain. I went back to my dentist and he put me on an antibiotic, Penicillin. After finishing the antibiotic I was still in a lot of pain so my dentist referred me to an Endodontist.

I went to see the Endodontist ASAP. He started a root canal on that tooth, #15. He put a medication inside the tooth because it was infected. At this time he also noticed that #14 was also sensitive, but not as bad yet. So we waited on that one for a little bit.

I went back in 2 weeks to finish the root canal, but by this time #14 was now infected and really painful. So at that appointment we decided to start a root canal on #14 and finish #15 later.

I have TMJ pain, so my doctor wanted me to wait 2 more weeks to finish #15. I'm scheduled for that appointment on 7/11/13, but #14 has started hurting again. I've also started having bad pain in my lower left premolar and I'm begining to wonder if it will need a root canal also. It's the same kind of pain and problems that the other 2 teeth had.

Besides the pain, I have a really severe fear of dentists and dental anxiety from early childhood. I've tried different techniques to cope with it, but I still get terrified when I have to have any dental work done. I even get fearful and anxious just going for a cleaning or exam.

So, that's my story. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

JJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    Re: Root Canal Treatments On Multiple Teeth

The third tooth hurting could be just referred pain. I have an upper tooth with a crack that I am in the process of getting taken care of and it caused my wisdom tooth and the bottom tooth right below it to hurt as well. All the nerves and muscles on that side of my mouth have been hurting. When you have an infection in a tooth, unfortunately it can cause a lot of other area to hurt as well. Hopefully that is all that is happening with your third tooth that is hurting. I'm not fond of dental work either, but I'm also not fond of the pain the tooth has been causing me.

Last edited by dea4; 07-16-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, endodontist, phobias, root canal, root canal therapy