It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• opinions needed for root canal, extraction and infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
    kellykeen
    (female)

kellykeen HB User
    opinions needed for root canal, extraction and infection

Hi Everyone -

Needless to say - I'm not here to get diagnosed. Just looking for opinions -

let's rewind to a few years ago - I had major tooth pain, but it went away. Good! problem solved! (of course it really wasn't) This would happen time and time again - I'd put up with it - it'd go away - I'd ignore it.

Finally - this time last year- I felt like I would die from pain. So, I finally went and was told I needed a root canal. After the 1st session---my left jaw swelled like a balloon- which the dentist said was normal due to the infection.

Root canal was finally finished. All was well in the world...for a while. I noticed that the area would still get a bit swollen - my jaw would be tender when applying moisturizer to my face- or when I'd wash my face- etc... and it was noticeably swollen from the outside as well.

Went back to dentist - took xray-- wasn't sure what was going on - Sent x-ray to oral surgeon who said tooth needed to be extracted. Fine.

That procedure went well - about 4 weeks ago - did a bone graft as well, so I would be able to get an implant in a few months, if that's what I decided to do. went back for follow up - everything looked good. no infection @ the extraction site- practically healed now.

Except --------------- the swelling on the outside of the tooth - between the cheek and tooth- is back. and it hurts.

How is it possible to remove a tooth and still have infection??? I'm getting pretty fed up with this whole ordeal!

Last edited by kellykeen; 11-21-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: grammar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread