It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• filling cavity after deep cleaning?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
    anniedo86
    (female)

anniedo86 HB User
    filling cavity after deep cleaning?

i just went to dentist today complaining about a cavity that's very obvious in my front teeths. but after looking at my gum and touching it with a pointed tool, she said the gum too sensitive and swollen, and said i have to do deep cleaning and learn how to floss. oh well, i may agree i need those but then she also said i have to do deep cleaning first and improve my gum for the next 6 weeks then she will fill the cavity? i don't understand is it reasonable?

Last edited by anniedo86; 10-02-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: filling cavity after deep cleaning?

Your dentist is concerned that your gums bleeding can affect her doing your filling to the best of her ability. Front tooth cavities get filled with composite, and composite can stain if there is blood in the area. Six weeks is a long time, but she's not being that unreasonable.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
    anniedo86
    (female)

anniedo86 HB User

thank you, it makes good sense. however i decided to do the cavity filling first, cause i had a feeling the cavity quite big (i had it very small and didn't go to dentist at first; it bothered me for a while). i did it today and the dentist agreed w me. after the filling, on one teeth i kinda see a thin stained line on the filling part. i am wonder if it's blood and will i go away after many teeth brushing? it's still there after the first time I brushed my teeth so I wonder if it's permanent. I expected the teeth will be clean and white but it still looks like a stain. of course it's still better as a stain than a cavity.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

It's not impossible that it will fade, but it is rather unlikely.

Closed Thread