It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• why am I thinking this?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
    catterpurg13
    (female)

catterpurg13 HB User
    why am I thinking this?

Lately, I've been feeling like im running out of time. Everytime I feel this way I get shortness of breathe and it becomes somewhat difficult for me to breathe. I feel like im a failure, a bother and worthless to everyone. I really dont know why. Sometimes I feel emptiness. Like when I am with my boyfriend. I dont feel the love I have for him. Hes been nothing but sooo caring and loving to me. Hes really really the best thing thats happened to me. Theres times where I wanna cry but I cant feel the sadness nor when I am angry. I feel lonely alot. Sometimes when I sleep I wake up 10 or 20 minutes later with an anxiety attack. And I feel like something bads going to happen. I dont really talk to anyone about this. I feel like its really silly of me to have feelings like this. Im really discouraged about school. I feel like im too dumb to get into a nursing program. And sometimes I just wish I could disappear somewhere. Is this normal to feel this way? Whats wrong with me?. Why am I feeling like this?.

Last edited by catterpurg13; 04-08-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #2
    Mariabbs
    (female)

Mariabbs HB User
    Re: why am I thinking this?

You may be suffering from depression. Are you seeing a therapist?

This part sounds like depression to me: "I feel like im a failure, a bother and worthless to everyone. Sometimes I feel emptiness. Like when I am with my boyfriend. I dont feel the love I have for him. Theres times where I wanna cry but I cant feel the sadness nor when I am angry. I feel lonely alot."

I often feel these things too and am taking medication to help.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #3
    catterpurg13
    (female)

catterpurg13 HB User

Maybe. :/ and well. No I havent. I went to the university at my city and that didnt really help me. Do you get dependant on the meds though?

Old 04-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
    JustMeJen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB User

No, antidepressants are not addictive. Some of them require coming off of them slowly because of side effects and because if you come off too fast you can get rebound depression but that's also just important because you want to treat your brain gently to help depression not come back when you stop the meds.

It does sound like you may be depressed. You can research depression screening and get an idea from those (some are weird so if you think it doesn't seem valid look for another. The Beck Depression Inventory is good if you can find and so is the Goldberg Depression screening test. They are the same as seeing a therapist or doctor but they can help you know what is going on.

You may need to see your dr for some meds and they may be able to tell you where you can go to get counseling as well. There are usually income based programs around.

Last edited by mod85; 04-25-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
    Mariabbs
    (female)

Mariabbs HB User

Some meds you cannot quit cold turkey without side effects, but doctors can help you ween off of them.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:55 AM   #6
    Misa12
    (female)

Misa12 HB User

You sound exactly like me! I recently got waitlisted by my top school choice. The feelings of failure and disappointment can control you. Insomnia can be brought out by these overwhelming feelings. I have a history of anxiety disorders and occasional depression though. As a fellow student, I strongly urge you to get professional help. Life doesn't stop because you are down. Don't let your current and changeable mental state hinder a potentially awesome future. I see a shrink every month plus am given medication for sudden outbursts. A professional can prescribed you medication like mine which can be taken irregularly depending on the intensity of your depression and the personal strength within you. I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by mod85; 04-25-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Reply Reply