It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I don't know if i'm depressed or not.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
    shutyourface
    (female)

shutyourface HB User
    Unhappy I don't know if i'm depressed or not.

i'm not sure if i'm depressed or not but i'm scared that i might be. My family is in trouble. My mom and my dad couldn't care less about the other. My dad is either very ignorant or just doesn't care. My mom claims that she still cares but she is now crushing on someone younger who is from my father's family. She will text this guy while giggling and smiling. And she also said that this guys loves her. I don't know what to do. My mom says that i shouldn't worry because it's not my problem but i can't help. I can't help that i'm sad because my family is slowly breaking apart. This is not something new. This has been going on for a couple of years and i feel myself slowly getting sadder everyday. Sorry about this post. I just need a place to let my feelings out.

The following user gives a hug of support to shutyourface:
    ann775 (07-05-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
    cod1
    (male)

cod1 HB User
    Re: I don't know if i'm depressed or not.

I hope your situation will improve. After you're economically independent, you will have a lot of options, such as having a life with someone else(not necessarily bf/gf), choosing your own residency, which will keep you away from things that affect you negatively. for now, if your mom said it wasn't your problem, then you probably won't have to deal with anything. I know it must be hard to live like that. I wish you well.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: I don't know if i'm depressed or not.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for you to not let this affect you. Your response is perfectly normal and understandable.
    Sometimes adults make bad choices which affect their children, who are innocent victims. As a woman probably old enough to be your mom too, I want you to know that sometimes when women are feeling a lack of attention at home, they seek out others who make them feel happy, desired, and hopeful. I am sorry that your mom is doing this, and that you have to know about it! This is not something a child should know.
    I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Just know that what your mom is doing has nothing to do with how much she loves YOU. There is nothing you can do to change this situation that is going on. Your feelings are totally reasonable. I'm really sorry you're going through this.

Closed Thread

Tags
    depressed