It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Moderate depression, long struggle, don't know what to do.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
    Chloe7245
    (female)

Chloe7245 HB User
    Moderate depression, long struggle, don't know what to do.

I'll start off by telling a little bit about myself.
    I'm a 27 yr old female and have been suffering from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. When I was very young my mother even took me to special doctors because I would get an idea in my head and obsess over it. example: I used to think that my mom was smoking again when she wasn't. I would get very scared because I knew how bad smoking was for your body. When I grew a bit older things got a little better. I didn't obsess over things like that anymore. I just grew more depressed then anxious. Over the years Ive tried 4 anti depressant medications and I can honestly say that I never found any of them helped me out. Mind you I just started a new birth control and I think that may have something to do with my moods and depressed state lately.
    I feel like I go through months where Im alright, and then sometimes Im not alright at all! I feel like trying medications again but Im really scared to.

I live with my boyfriend and he's very supportive. But I feel like I can't be honest or talk to him about things openly because I don't want to bring up any bad memories.

Lately Ive just felt really tired. About a month ago I quit my job because the people there were pretty mean and it was causing my anxiety to be too much to handle. I know that I shouldn't let petty drama or cruel people to get me down, but most of the time I can't control it, no matter where it comes from or who says things its just really hurtful to me and I absorb the words like a sponge.

I don't have a family doctor so when I need medications or anything I go to the clinic. Im not sure what to do anymore. Some months I think Im fine again but then a few weeks later IM back to depression. I wish that I could just sleep all the time. I don't want to feel this way any longer, and Im not sure what to do. Ive seen doctors and therapists in the past, and I can honestly say that I don't think anything has helped that much.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-03-2015 at 08:38 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Chloe7245:
    movielover40 (08-04-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
    Mg2121
    Veteran
    (female)

Mg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB User
    Re: Moderate depression, long struggle, don't know what to do.

I'm sorry your struggling with this. Have you ever looked into DBT groups in your area? They are excellent, I think. Google them, see if that is something that you could try. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

I think you should start with a complete physical and get your hormones checked out.

There are many more anti-depressants than just 4.

Best of luck to you.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
    Chloe7245
    (female)

Chloe7245 HB User

what are dbt groups? I live in Ontario Canada. We have ohip coverage which is basic coverage, anything more you need to pay for and I haven't started my new job yet, my training is next week. IM thinking I'll go to the clinic tomorrow and explain how I've been feeling, its hard to trust a doctor you just met especially with medications such as anti- depressants.

Closed Thread