It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Brain Zaps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
    nickmanning
    (male)

nickmanning HB User
    Question Brain Zaps?

Anybody out there still get brain zaps even after weaning off of Cymbalta (duloxetine) or any other SNRI? If so, did you use any supplements that would help with this debilitating symptom? Any info would be much appreciated and would help make my life a little easier! Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User
    Re: Brain Zaps?

I wish I had an answer, I'm suffering with the same thing. I weaned off of Zoloft about 1.5 to 2 months ago and it has definitely been less zaps then it was, but it's still happening. Can't stand the feeling it gives me. Also I thought I was doing well off of Zoloft, but it took this long for my depression to resurface and I fight tears all day long. That bleak sad feeling is back, but I don't want to go back on anti depressants. I'm trying to wean myself off Tramadol as well which is far harder than the Zoloft. I'll check back to see if you've gotten any answers. I have a feeling the only answers we'll get on this is that time will lessen it.

The following user gives a hug of support to warmbreeze:
    nickmanning (08-12-2015)
    Old 08-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
    nickmanning
    (male)

nickmanning HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by warmbreeze View Post
    That bleak sad feeling is back, but I don't want to go back on anti depressants.
    I'm sorry that your depression symptoms are back I quit Cymbalta because it just didn't help. I've been on other SSRIs as well and nothing seems to be working. They have all made things worse in the long run. I may try to give Nootropics a shot. But who knows.

Quote:
    I'm trying to wean myself off Tramadol as well which is far harder than the Zoloft.
    Yes, get off of that crap ASAP! I've taken it before and it's far worse than any AD.

Quote:
    I'll check back to see if you've gotten any answers. I have a feeling the only answers we'll get on this is that time will lessen it.
    Yes, brain zaps suck and I feel that posts touting "time will heal all wounds" are from people who have never experienced them! Some people just don't get it.

Last edited by nickmanning; 08-12-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #4
    GroceryStoreGuy
    (male)

GroceryStoreGuy HB User

How long have you been off for? The last time I experienced brain zaps (other than forgetting to take it) is when I was coming off of Effexor 5 years ago.

It was about a month before my brain zaps stopped but by then my anxiety was THROUGH the roof. I don't know if eating fish, or taking omega 3-6-9 supplements actually helps, but I seem to remember them somewhat easing my discomfort at the time after doing some browsing online.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #5
    nickmanning
    (male)

nickmanning HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GroceryStoreGuy View Post
    How long have you been off for? The last time I experienced brain zaps (other than forgetting to take it) is when I was coming off of Effexor 5 years ago.

It was about a month before my brain zaps stopped but by then my anxiety was THROUGH the roof. I don't know if eating fish, or taking omega 3-6-9 supplements actually helps, but I seem to remember them somewhat easing my discomfort at the time after doing some browsing online.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have been off of Cymbalta for around a few weeks or so. Still have minor zaps. I am currently taking Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin B Complex, and Magnesium Citrate. They seem to be helping but not 100%. I read that Omega 3-6-9 is actually not recommended due to the overload of Omega 6 & 9 in our diets already (USA).

Old 08-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
    GroceryStoreGuy
    (male)

GroceryStoreGuy HB User

That's good to hear. At around the few weeks mark I was still having minor zaps too, so I think you're headed in the right direction.

Closed Thread