It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Depressed for too long :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
    tristn
    (male)

tristn HB User
    Depressed for too long :(

I've been depressed since the start of high school, and I am 20, finishing up college right now. I never really had any friends. I've always been terrible at socializing. Always been a loner, but I've gotten used to it. The depression is killing me. My days literally ever since high school have consisted of going to class, doing homework, watching TV, and sleeping. I don't know if that led up to the depression, but I don't have interest in anything anymore. About 2 years ago I met this girl who i dated. I loved her so much, way more than I should have. she became the source of my happiness. About 2 months ago she left me for another guy, for no reason.

I was completely devastated. The pain was unreal, and honestly I don't know how I got through it. the depression has hit me even harder after that. about a week ago she texted me saying how that guy has left her for another girl. I thought it was so ironic. I was her crying shoulder for a while. I asked her out and she said she couldn't because she was seeing a new guy. all the pain has come back. I'm just sick of it. it's not the fact that she's not with me anymore. I know after a few months I will get over her, and go back to my normal depressing life. it's also the fact that people fall in and out of love, I don't think someone can truly love someone for a lifetime.

I feel like my life is pointless. I don't have interest in anything. I don't have any friends, nothing to supply me with happiness. I always compare myself to the unfortunate people in third world countries to try and show myself how thankful and happy I should be. But then I see that they are happy, and that is something they have that I don't, and I would trade everything I have for that.

I don't know if I should take depression pills or if they'll help or what. I barely get any sleep ever because I'm always up thinking about either that girl or what I can look forward to doing in my life, but never find anything. It seems like things just keep getting worse, and that life has been going on around me while I'm just here, stuck in this depression. Some days are just so terrible...I don't know what to do.

Has anyone who's felt this way, had a breakthrough for their depression?

Last edited by Administrator; 01-11-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #2
    StephenStevens
    (male)

StephenStevens HB User
    Re: Depressed for too long :(

These are some things we all need to go through. You are very young so you still do not know how to deal with them. However, almost everyone has had some issue with socialization. Also, many of us have had problems with the opposite sex. It is normal to have doubts but remember that it is all normal. It is something you need to learn and to grow from.

Closed Thread

Tags
    depressed, emotional, life, lonely, sad