It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Im going to be the only one left

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
curlygirl25
(female)

curlygirl25 HB User
Im going to be the only one left

I'm only 19 years old. Last year I was diagnosed with chronic depression which wasn't surprising given my circumstances. I was raised by my grandparents who I was lucky enough to have but my mother came and went as she battled a terrible drug addiction. My father was abusive and I believe has a family elsewhere. As an only child I'm use to occupying myself and enjoy quiet time alone. However this time I won't be alone by choice. As my mother finally got clean we found out she had many autoimmune disorders and she became very ill. She struggles with copd and walks around with an oxygen tank, she is only 40. She weighs 98lbs and I just know she doesn't have much time left. Same goes for my grandparents, they don't tell me much because they are trying to protect me but, I think my grandfather needs a new heart and has cancer while my grandmother is struggling from stomach cancer. Im scared. Everyone I have even been close to is sick and dying and I have to watch. Due to my depression I have been unable to stay in college. I don't know what I'm going to do alone. I don't have close friends to help because of switching schools. On top of it all my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me. I didn't blame him I need time to work on myself but I don't know how I can deal this all by myself. What do I do?

The following user gives a hug of support to curlygirl25:
movielover40 (12-07-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Im going to be the only one left

curlygirl, I understand your fear. I'm an only child too and I just have my mom and she is 85. We just have to keep going, and try not to worry about these things because it is what it is......

Old 12-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hello curlygirl, how are you going now? I am sorry to hear your Mum is so unwell, and your grandparents too! That is never an easy situation

What are you doing in means of controlling your chronic depression? Do you have a mental health plan with doctors and therapists etc? I don't remember seeing you make mention of this in your post, but they are especially important to keep up with for the sake of your health

Are you on medication? This could be a standing point, maybe your medication needs to be looked at too - as well as therapy. There are so many different therapies out there in this day and age that you are bound to find something suitable if you just open your mind and heart to it. I really think therapy would help you greatly

I wish you & your family all the very best and I hope you're able to pick up a bit soon!
K.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
FoamySquirrel
(female)

FoamySquirrel HB User

The same thing happened to me. I am an only child and was raised by four wonderful grandparents and my mom and dad as well. I had everything. Now only my dad is left and he is not well. One thing I am glad I did was decide to have kids. I do have three boys but I am separated from their father and that's been difficult. Best of luck to you. You are not alone in that boat.
Also, Paxil saved my life.

Last edited by FoamySquirrel; 08-24-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
depression