It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Dealing with being ugly is very troublesome.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
waywardson
(male)

waywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB User
Dealing with being ugly is very troublesome.

It's getting more n more difficult for me to deal with it. I can't stand my reflection, been told many times that I'm too ugly, too short and I pretty much hate it. I can't enjoy life anymore. I wasn't too ugly growing up, but I started going bald at a young age and while it's not fully gone I have a receding hairline that is not attractive and I am short. These things have made me undatebale, I get treated badly by everyone because of the way I look. It's not something in my head, had many ppl tell me and recently had a girl while talking take off my hat and pretend to throw up when seeing my hair. Extremely rude, but it's just how things are these days. I just can't be happy, I feel lost, and like there is nothing to look forward to. I'm 34 and worry I'll never marry, have a family or be happy.

It really has been this last year, so much negative things ppl say to me. Had at least 10 women tell me I'm ugly, when trying to ask them out. Many others make bad comments about my appearance/hairline. It's hard to stay positive when ppl say soo many mean things to you. I'm on a vacation out of home country, can't even enjoy it, been feeling so down as of recent. Hard time sleeping, feeling hopeful about the future, etc.

Last edited by waywardson; 01-29-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #2
someofusrbrave
(female)

someofusrbrave HB User
Re: Dealing with being ugly is very troublesome.

Honestly, being ugly is a really big problem because of how this society responds. It's awful, but so true.
My advice is to stop asking women out. It doesn't seem to be making you happy, and people don't really ask one another out anymore. It's more subtle than that.
I suggest you get to know yourself and start doing activities you care about. You'll meet people during this who will get a chance to get to know you. You'll hopefully develop some real friends, and any love relationship that happens will occur naturally.
Being in a headspace where you're obsessed with how others see you is going to attract bullies who use you to gain attention. Develop your self-confidence and you will have the guts to stand up to these people.
Remember--sexual appeal is socially constructed. It's not about being a good or productive or useful human.
You're not old by any means and you still have plenty of time to live your life.

Reply Reply