It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

im feel horrible inside

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
rey7
Inactive
(female)

rey7 HB User
im feel horrible inside

I'm screaming inside...nothing goes right. terrible childhood, high school was horrible, bad marriage...had a landlord steal everything I own. decided to move away and things just get worse. daughter starts beating me up, causing problems... lose my apartment and my job and find out I'm pregnant all in the span of two weeks...gave birth at the age of 44...had to put the baby up for adoption...lost everything again to a city wide flood...lived in a shelter for nine months...get a new place...stuck on welfare...cant find work....go to the 'welfare' dentist and given two options...leave or have my teeth pulled out...so I had no choice...now I wake up every morning so severely depressed...I cant look at myself...im ashamed to go anywhere, ashamed to be seen. I cant cope.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-06-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
Jrzgrl64
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User
re: im feel horrible inside

Please know you're not alone. While our circumstances are different, I feel much the same as you. Each day is a chore to get through with no hope of improvement.

While reading your story, I sat here, thinking about you, reviewing your situation in my head, itemizing solutions to your problems. Then, it dawned on me. Why can't I do that for myself? I always have in the past. I think we focus so much on the cumulative situation, we're unable to make a checklist of what's not good and finding a solution. I am in the midst of a wake up call.

We can't change the past, so let's not think about that unless it keeps us from making the same mistakes again. So long bad stuff, you're out of my mind!

1. Teeth. Since you're on welfare, you might qualify for dentures. Get on the phone tomorrow and start making calls to find out. Don't feel bad about wearing dentures. My brother had terrible teeth and has them. He loves them! No more painful teeth!
I have only a HS diploma, and was unemployed for a long time. I get how depressing that can be.

Have you applied for section 8 housing? Does the welfare office offer any help to get a permanent place to live?

Don't give up! Fight like a girl!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-06-2017 at 04:35 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jrzgrl64 For This Useful Post:
klutz1345935 (04-16-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
rey7
Inactive
(female)

rey7 HB User

thank you for taking the time to respond. it was greatly appreciated

Last edited by Administrator; 04-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
Lavenne17
(female)

Lavenne17 HB User

I hope it gets better for you

Old 06-08-2017, 06:58 AM   #5
MSlady17
(female)

MSlady17 HB User
Re: im feel horrible inside

Rey7 - How are you doing since you posted? I read your post and have been there. Jrzgrl64 had great suggestions. Has anything changed? You mentioned your daughter beating you up -- how old is she? Also, since you are on welfare, have you been able to get on a work training program? You should be eligible for counseling also.
I want to commend you for the selfless act of giving your baby up for adoption. That is very difficult, heartbreaking, but you gave your child a chance.

Reply Reply