It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Trying to practice acceptance with anxiety and depression.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
    Vast
    Inactive
    (male)

Vast HB User
    Trying to practice acceptance with anxiety and depression.

For the past decade I've lived most of my life online. I have very little interest in meeting people face to face, it causes me extreme stress and self hatred. I started to notice though that the communities I've been a part of online for so long are deteriorating. Now I am being forced to accept that I am probably never going to belong anywhere. I have gone years happily accepting that I can at least represent myself online, and that someone some where understands me, but that's slowly being taken away from me as I watch my communities die.

I guess I came here today to introduce myself, but also just to ask what do you do when your online friends move on and you're left limping behind like a sickly gazelle. I feel like I am totally unwilling to accept the idea of even attempting a normal life, and I can feel myself getting lost as if my identity has been taken away from me. As the reality sets in day to day I slip into a deeper depression, and I can't do it anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Trying to practice acceptance with anxiety and depression.

Hi Vast, welcome, there are always more communities out there, that's the nice thing about the internet......you're welcome here, it's a great site, good info, good people......stick around, you might like it!

Old 06-08-2017, 06:18 AM   #3
    MSlady17
    (female)

MSlady17 HB User
    Re: Trying to practice acceptance with anxiety and depression.

Hi Vast - I'm new here too. People do move on, everyday something changes. I wish it didn't -- I still wish it were 1970 or 1980 something and Johnny Carson was still on the air! ha. But that isn't real life. And you said you don't even want to attempt to live a "normal" life - well, I don't know what a "normal" life looks like. You'd be surprised to know there are TONS of people that feel the same way, they hide it well. People you see in the grocery store, park, bank, just about anywhere, you have no idea what is going on in their minds and lives. Normal is different for everyone. What's normal for you is different than what is normal for your neighbors. Sometimes just not doing anything and watching outside is normal. Take time, accept yourself for who you are.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety attack, chatroom, depression