It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I am desperate for answers and help with my depression!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
    Rachh1
    (female)

Rachh1 HB User
    I am desperate for answers and help with my depression!

I was diagnosed with depression when I was 17 (I am now 22). I have been on every antidepressant there is and many antipsychotic meds as well. I was completely fine. I didn't experience any side effects or withdrawals. I also diagnosed with anxiety so I have been on a few benzos as well as well as buspar. I was on latuda 60mg and my Dr increased it to 120mg. Shortly after I would get very nauseous to a point where if I didn't make myself throw up I would feel very sick. So after a month of taking that (even tried going back to 60mg but I didn't feel any better) I went off of it cold turkey. (I had a really bad doctor). I went through terrible withdrawals for 3 weeks and now I can't find a antidepressant or anything to help my depression. I've tried everything even meds I've tried in the past and my body can't tolerate it even on low dosages. My anxiety has gotten worse since and that has made my depression worse. I am seeing a new psychiatrist but he just keeps giving me new meds and now I feel like I'm having side effects mixed with withdrawals and he says i can't be withdrawing from anything. I haven't felt "normal" for 5 months and I don't know what to do anymore. I need help, advice, something. (If you read all of this then thank you)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: I am desperate for answers and help with my depression!

Hi Rachh1,

Quote:
    I am seeing a new psychiatrist but he just keeps giving me new meds
    A Psychiatrist is a MD, the medications used for depression, anxiety and other mental health problems are their specialty. When you see a Psychiatrist there will meds prescribed. If you don't want medications then seeing a Psychiatrist, at this time, might not be warranted.

My suggestion would be a Psychotherapist. A Psychotherapist does not prescribe medication. Therapy is very useful for depression, anxiety and other mental health problems. Most Therapist use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), some use Dialectal Behavioral (DBT) and some use both.

It is very possible, with time and patience, to see improvement in depression and anxiety with Therapy. Therapy is a process and for this reason you won't feel better or different right away. As I said, time and patience.

A Therapist can teach you coping skills, new/better ways of dealing with life and those things that might trigger/cause your depression and anxiety. Many times anxiety and depression go together...but not always. In general depression is due to a chemical imbalance...but not always.

A combination of medications and Psychotherapy might work better for you but it is something a Therapist and/or Psychiatrist can discuss with you.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
    MSlady17
    (female)

MSlady17 HB User
    Re: I am desperate for answers and help with my depression!

Rachh1 - Hello. I was on antidepressants for years (maybe 25 yrs), different types. Recently my doctor decided I didn't need them anymore and won't prescribe them. It's been about 8 months without them. My anxiety increased & with that came depression, along with not being able to sleep at night. Since I just retired, I don't want to find/pay another doctor or for therapy. The meds were convenient and they did work. Now they are gone. Not quite sure what to do, I started reading everything I could find on anxiety/depression. Not one thing sticks out that helped, but everything I read helped in some way. I've had to just sit back, stop doing anything and just observe this thing we call life. By not running to try & find a cure, it kind of took pressure off. So far that's helped me (as of today).

Reply Reply