It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Mixing Provigil with Wellbutrin?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
IamMyOwnWrstNMY
(male)

IamMyOwnWrstNMY HB User
Mixing Provigil with Wellbutrin?

Hey everybody, I'm new to the site.

I was just diagnosed with having depression.

I first went to see a psychiatrist in hopes of getting a script for Provigil.

I told him that I am always tired, and nodding off in public settings (which was kind of a white lie).

After filling out a few page questionnaire, and about a 15 minute face to face with the psychiatrist, and telling him that I believe that I have ADHD, He said he just thinks that I'm depressed.

So instead of a script for Provigil he gave me a script for Wellbutrin, which I have been taking for about 2 weeks or so (150mgs).

I do seem a little less foggy, and a little more alert, and upbeat, which is somewhat what I was hoping for with the Provigil script.

I ordered some Provigil online and received them yesterday in the mail.

My question is, can I take the two meds together, and has anyone had any experiences while combining the 2 meds?

I'm a 38 year old male btw.

Thanks.

Last edited by IamMyOwnWrstNMY; 08-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #2
Snoopy61
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
Re: Mixing Provigil with Wellbutrin?

Quote:
I ordered some Provigil online and received them yesterday in the mail.
This s dangerous. There is absolutely no way to know what you are taking and what's in it. A reputable Pharmacy will not give out Provigil without a prescription.

Provigil, like any medication, comes with side effects, some serious.

Quote:
I told him that I am always tired, and nodding off in public settings (which was kind of a white lie).
So why do you want Provigil?

Quote:
I do seem a little less foggy, and a little more alert, and upbeat, which is somewhat what I was hoping for with the Provigil script.
Wellbutrin seems to be helping you so why take a medication that has not been prescribed for you? A medication that is questionable about what it actually is?

Old 09-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
fred54
(male)

fred54 HB User

I took Provigil for about 6 years and found out during that time that none of the other anti-depressants would mix too well with it for some reason. A day or two I was fine and the I started feeling crappy. Don't think it would hurt you but may not help either.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #4
Asar2675
(female)

Asar2675 HB User

Hi . I do take Wellbutrin Xl 150 once a day for depression and i do take Provigil 200 mg for shift work disorder. They both were prescribed for my by my Md. And it does work well. I was constantly falling asleep regardless how much sleep i got. I work nights 12 hour shifts. Even on my days off i could not stay awake. I do live my live well i do not smoke or drink i do excercise . But i always want to sleep. Provigil helped me a lot. But i would stay away from buying this medication online. You doctor should be able to prescribe this med for you. My Md told me that it was ok to take it both and i had no problems. A lot of those online meds are from India and they really not reliable . You don't know what are you really taking it. Good luck to you. I hope you will find something that will help you to oive your life to your fullest.

Reply Reply