It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Help me please

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
    St2
    (male)

St2 HB User
    Help me please

I am writing this because I don’t feel I can talk to anyone else and them understand. I am 24 live in Leeds have a daughter an amazing girlfriend ( not the mother) and a job where I work with my best friend. I have a good set up. However money is tight pressures are many and I am so depressed lately. I have a sinking sadness and feeling of being an utter failure.

Whenever I think about my future, I always believed I was meant for more something valuable worth while and ultimately something to be remembered for but I am none of that and I am so uncertain about life about where I am and what I’m meant to be doing that I just don’t see the point.

Do I waste the next 6 years studying to maybe have no future from a degree I have interest in now but could easily forget and move on to something else in two weeks time which I do a lot, or do I chase money leave my job and potentially my best and only friend and then what if I am unhappy where I go to? The choices are infinite and I don’t know how to make the right one. I don’t know what I want. Please can some one help me I don’t want to be a waste of space to the people I love.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-19-2017 at 05:55 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to St2:
    ann775 (10-20-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
    sw403
    (female)

sw403 HB User
    Re: Help me please

I am sure this all feels very daunting. If by any chance you had less than ideal parenting, then you may not have learned to connect to your gut, to know what is in your heart, or to trust your instincts. This can come from building up self-esteem and self-empathy, and learning to like and trust yourself. Just some thoughts. I would not make any decision that feels "wrong" in some way to you. If you cannot afford a therapist, you may want to try body-scan meditation, and try to understand what your body (heart and gut) are telling you. Hope that is helpful. Good luck

Reply Reply