It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Is This Weird Experience a Symptom of Depression?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
    Heretic

Heretic HB User
    Is This Weird Experience a Symptom of Depression?

Background: I believe I have suffered with depression for several years. I have many symptoms including a complete lack of motivation to do just about anything most of the time (whether that's a physical or mental activity or something that involves both). Actually “complete lack of motivation” feels like an understatement because often it is accompanied by a fatigue (varying from mild to extreme, but usually closer to the latter) and a feeling of either muscle weakness and/or being physically weighed down (the latter making it feel very difficult to move).

However there are a minority of times when I do feel motivated to do something. I have noticed that sometimes when I feel like this I am able to act on the motivation and carry out a task that I have wanted or needed to do for some time, but at other times as soon as I think about taking action there is a sudden massive change in how I feel that is so palpable and sudden that it feels like I have just walked into a physical wall, hitting all my muscles and sapping them of energy, so that once again they feel weak and/or my body feels heavily weighed down, struggling to move through this wall. Is this a known symptom of depression? Do others sometimes get this? And are there any online references to this as a symptom from trusted medical and/or psychological sources?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
    TrainOfThought
    (male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User
    Re: Is This Weird Experience a Symptom of Depression?

Hi, yea it does sounds like depression, it maybe a mood swing. In my personal experience I have felt like that and heard of it from other people so it isn't uncommon. I strongly suggest seeking for medical attention, in the mean time try talking to somebody so you can vent your pain.
    Cheers

Reply Reply