It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Struggling

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
    mcamom
    (female)

mcamom HB User
    Unhappy Struggling

So, I am having issues with my depression the past two days and I can't really talk to my friends and family about it because they don't understand. I sought treatment about two weeks ago whenever I had some stressors in my life that made dealing with my depression and anxiety unbearable. My mom is sick and I started college. I had my family physician prescribe one SSRI that I have had success with in the past. I plan to stay on a successful tx regiment forever.
    We had been on vacation and I had been feeling better. But we came back Sunday night/Monday morning. I had to work Monday and today and I can feel myself coming back to the state I was in before I started medication. Some of my depression symptoms are as follows:
    Disinterested in house work/home improvement projects
    Disinterested in my children/husband/family
    Feeling overwhelmed
    Crying spells
    Irritability
    Generally anxious about everything
    Zero motivation

So, because of my disinterest in life and activity at the moment, I feel guilty like I am neglecting my children and husband and home. And of course what I need to do is piling up so I really just feel like I'm drowning. As of late when I feel overwhelmed like this I have been able to take a deep breath and keep pressing on but I am just unable to do that right now.

I don't even know what the point of this post is except to talk to an audience of people who understand about how I am feeling and maybe get some advice on how to feel better. I seriously don't know what to do with myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Struggling

Dear mcamom,

Meds may take the edge off for awhile, but they never deal with what bothers us and they certainly don't address why we have those moods.

I find talk therapy to be very beneficial. To me drugs to suppress what I feel don't help me get down to what I am really upset about.

Check Yelp to see what people are saying about various local counselors. It certainly doesn't help depression, sadness or fear to keep those emotions all bottled up because friends and family don't understand. Others cannot understand what we don't look at or understand about ourselves. A good therapist can give us honest feedback in a non-threatening place. I also got a lot of good feedback just attending and listening at a women's support group.

The best understanding I have ever gotten has been to learn to be understanding of myself. To me, drugging myself to avoid stress or pain just numbs me out. To me that prolongs the inevitable necessity of facing what I feel and letting it out in appropriate ways. Give yourself some time to feel and have a good cry. It even helps me to think about what is bothering me and cut weeds at the same time. Running and other physical activity releases tension, too.

It feels like it will but it won't go on forever.

Love,

Last edited by yayagirl; 07-11-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
    Toypoodle
    (female)

Toypoodle HB UserToypoodle HB User
    Re: Struggling

What med did the doctor put you on ? You need to call your doctor. He might need to increase your med. . I hope you get to feeling better.

Reply Reply