It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• So tired ! Zoloft/Cymbalta

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
    vatonh
    (female)

vatonh HB User
    So tired ! Zoloft/Cymbalta

I have been on Cymbalta (30mg) and Zoloft )100mg) for about 6 years. I wanted to try and lower my Zoloft and possibly stop it all together. I felt like my brain was mush. And my processing was slow.
    I have since whined myself off Zoloft, with my doctors direction. But I am sleeping all the time. Seriously when I can I am sleeping..
    and I am feeling major social anxiety.
    Help!! Is this because I am no longer on Zoloft?
    Any other suggestion for meds to replace Zoloft?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: So tired ! Zoloft/Cymbalta

It's a tough go to see what works and what doesn't. Your symptoms could be cessation of Zoloft or more depression.
    You could increase the Cymbalta to 60mg and see how that goes?

Have you had bloodwork....especially B vitamins and D?

Have you changed your eating habits?

I've been on Effexor XR 75mg for a long while...tapered off and then tried Cymbalta (to help with pain) over past christmas and am back to Effexor feeling more normal.

I have more depression than anxiety, and tried Effexpr Xr initially and tapered off because I was feeling so much better. Lasted a few months then crashed.
    Doc wanted me to try Celebrex...my SIL was on it and helped her high anxiety (but I slept a lot), then Paxil (felt totally out of it with a relentless horrific headache)...back to Effexor XR....

I did try Wellbutrin (short-lived) a few years ago. Pupils were pinpoints, dreams were totally 3D and I had brain snd body zaps....back on Effexor.

Just to let you know that there are many generics and not all created equal.

I have a friend on Prozac, and she loves it.

You could check out a comparison list to see what meds are for what and maybe one will lean more toward your needs.

My last suggestion is therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in conjunction with meds.

Hang tough....making the decision regarding these meds is difficult.

q

Reply Reply