It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• New to Lexapro from Zyprexa

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #1
    sportsmom202
    (female)

sportsmom202 HB User
    Lightbulb New to Lexapro from Zyprexa

Hi folks. Looking for a little guidance here. I have been on Zyprexa for depression/anxiety for about 6 weeks now, and have gained 15 pounds!!! My dr switched me to Lexapro today. Just wondering if anyone could give me any pros/cons about the Lexapro. My depression has been treated for about 8 years on and off, have done Prozac and Wellbutrin both alone and in combo. I stopped taking the Wellbutrin last summer and found I felt about the same on or off the med. However, since then I have experienced some crisis situations in my family (health problems) and have felt I needed something to help me through. I also experience panic/anxiety attacks periodically, usually around the crisis times. Can't breathe, can't think straight, can't stop my brain from spinning. I was put on the Zyprexa, which is labeled for treating schizophrenia and bipolar, during the last crisis about 2 months ago. It worked well during the couple of weeks that we were really in crisis, then my dr dropped my dose from 5mg to 2.5 for daily use. I don't really feel the 2.5 does much for me, but the 5 flatlined me....no emotion at all. Plus, the weight gain was terrible! That is the side effect I am looking to get rid of! Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
    Kaitrin
    Veteran
    (female)

Kaitrin HB User
    Re: New to Lexapro from Zyprexa

Well, Lexapro isn't supposed to cause weight gain, so hopefully it won't be a problem.
    By the way, I had the same reaction to Wellbutrin as you did - no reaction at all! I might as well have taken purple M & Ms for all the difference it made....

Closed Thread