It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Anyone gain weight with Wellbutrin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
    purrsia

purrsia HB User
    Anyone gain weight with Wellbutrin?

I've been Wellbutrin for 3 months now and have gained 13 lbs. My appetite is ravenous and I feel like I'm starved all the time. Anyone else feel like this on Wellbutrin? I've totally turned my life around as far as eating healthy and exercising. I've lost most of the weight I gained plus more.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
    Epiphany2003

Epiphany2003 HB User
    Re: Anyone gain weight with Wellbutrin?

No, I did not gain on Wellbutrin. I was on it for a month and started losing weight... probably a little too fast. For some reason I developed a weird obsession with my weight while on it and I started being creeped out by food. It also gave me bad headaches... and knowing I'd probably develop an eating disorder while on it I asked to switch.

As long as you are eating healthy and exercising you are fine. While Wellbutrin is said to cause weight lost in the majority of people, we all know how meds effect everyone so differently. Good luck!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
    san

san HB User
    Unhappy Re: Anyone gain weight with Wellbutrin?

I actually was on Wellbutrin XL for the past 2 months and had the same thing. Major appetite, hungry constantly & for starchy type foods. I had gained 10 pounds (that were very much not needed) in that period of time. PLUS, I felt more tired. I was on the SR version before that, but wanted to try xl so I didn't need to worry about an afternoon dose. Well, my doctor said it may have been something to do with the extended 24 hour dosage. So, switched me back to 150 mg of SR twice per day again & see what changes.
    WHAT dose are you on?
    thanks

Last edited by san; 12-09-2003 at 06:29 PM.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:20 PM   #4
    purrsia

purrsia HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by san
    I actually was on Wellbutrin XL for the past 2 months and had the same thing. Major appetite, hungry constantly & for starchy type foods. I had gained 10 pounds (that were very much not needed) in that period of time. PLUS, I felt more tired. I was on the SR version before that, but wanted to try xl so I didn't need to worry about an afternoon dose. Well, my doctor said it may have been something to do with the extended 24 hour dosage. So, switched me back to 150 mg of SR twice per day again & see what changes.
    WHAT dose are you on?
    thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on the twice a day and I don't get tired. Actually, I used to take a nap almost every day before I started this. I'm not jittery or anything, I'm just not tired until night time. I'm going to ask my doctor for the time release because I keep forgetting to take my afternoon pill too.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #5
    san

san HB User

My e-mail is [removed]
    PLEASE, keep me informed if you do switch & what/if any differences you get. thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-12-2003 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Do not post contact information. These boards are for anonymous use only. Please carefully read and follow the board posting guidelines. Thank you.

Closed Thread