It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lexapro HELL

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2004, 01:02 AM   #1
    microwaveable

microwaveable HB User
    Lexapro HELL

I started and stopped Lexapro today, I thought I would share my experience. I took 10mg. last night and about an hour later, I got very sleepy, went to bed woke up this morning and could not get out of bed, I felt so drugged. I finally did get up, went straight to the couch and spent the day staring into space and eating everything in sight. I then went back up to bed, layed there for several hours, made myself get up to take a shower after about 3 hours of psyching myself up for it. I felt very unsteady, I washed my hair and when I closed my eyes to rinse out the shampoo, I started stumbling around the bathtub and had to grab the shower curtain rod to keep from falling out in the floor.
    I know many people have great success with Lexapro, and I am happy that they have found it helpful, but it has been one of the worse experiences of my life. I wouldn't take even ONE more Lexapro if someone offered me a thousand dollars. Unbelievable!!
    Has anyone had similar experiences??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
    SoulBrotha

SoulBrotha HB User
    Re: Lexapro HELL

Im taking Lexapro right now, when i first started taking it ( 10 mg) it made me twitch alot. Ive already been feeling " spacey" before i took it so i don't think its causing my fog. For a while i cut it back to 5 mg and didn't really notice any side effects. Now i take 10 again, but cut the pill in half, take 5 mg twice a day. And don't notice the side effects. I haven't noticed an improvment yet either, but it can take up to 6 or maybe even 8 weeks.

Peace

Old 01-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
    jstarling76

jstarling76 HB User

I have been taking Lexapro for a week now and have not had any of the feelings that you are experiencing. The first night I wasn't able to sleep well but since then it has been great. My husband has even noticed a difference in me since I started this. I actually want to do things now that I have this medicine. Sorry it isn't working well for you.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
    microwaveable

microwaveable HB User

Soul,

Thanks for the response, when you say twitching, do you mean like restless leg syndrome twitching? I noticed that also...

Old 01-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #5
    microwaveable

microwaveable HB User

J,

Is Lexapro the first AD you have tried? I can't seem to find one that doesn't have major side effects for me. The only one that came close to helping was Prozac, but the sexual side effects were major...

Old 01-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
    jstarling76

jstarling76 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by microwaveable
    J,

Is Lexapro the first AD you have tried? I can't seem to find one that doesn't have major side effects for me. The only one that came close to helping was Prozac, but the sexual side effects were major...
    This is the first AD that I have tried. I'm not sure if it is me wanting it to work so badly that I don't experience any of the effects that others are saying or what. I am just thankful that I am getting the help I need.

Closed Thread