It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Who has it all...depression, anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive thoughts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
    f33l h3lpl3ss

f33l h3lpl3ss HB User
    Who has it all...depression, anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive thoughts

Do all of these things go together? Anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive thoughts and depression. Because there are so many places that I can fit in on these boards. I'm just a mess!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #2
    Polaris

Polaris HB User
    Re: Who has it all...depression, anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive thoughts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by f33l h3lpl3ss
    Do all of these things go together? Anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive thoughts and depression. Because there are so many places that I can fit in on these boards. I'm just a mess!
    I have bi-polar II, general anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and although my psychiatrist doesn't think so, I believe I have some ADD symptoms, as I have a very difficult time finishing some projects.

I can be a mess too! There is hope. What does your doctor say?

P

Old 02-11-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
    index.html
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
    Do all of these things go together? Anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive thoughts and depression.
    Yep, got them, too! Plus ADHD and insomnia.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

Yup, I get all those without my meds. They do all go together. Well, I don't really get "obsessive" thoughts, more like "repetitive" thoughts. The same phrases will run around and around in my head. It could be anything. One time I called my cat "Widdle puddy-wuddy-tat" and that phrase was with me for like 3 days.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
    sweetpoison68
    Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User

I didnt have panic attacks but i had all the rest..This was before i went on zoloft and trazodone...I still have my moments but absolutely nothing like before!! I tend to repeat phone numbers in my head when i need to call someone..Certain words would stick in my head for days as well and i will get this sick feeling when i cant stop!!!

Old 02-11-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
    f33l h3lpl3ss

f33l h3lpl3ss HB User

Thanks to all that responded. I'm just trying to find my way through all of this. I know that I need the medication to keep focused and going on. I don't need the bad relationship, but I do need a job. I am trying to reconnect with some people. I just look back over my life and realize that a lot of the situations that I find have put me in this state, I have caused myself. I can't really blame anyone else. Maybe, there is hope with therapy and medication to change my way of thinking.

I am just so grateful to have found this board and can connect with people who can identify with what I have going on in my brain. I truly thank you all!

Old 02-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #7
    wannabehotguy
    Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

Hey I used to. I am now working on my obsessive thoughts. Thankfully I don't have a compulsive problem. But I think a lot of details through out the entire day and I focus those details for a good long many hours as I do other things. I've had some panic attacks and anxiety attacks but those are so far and few now. Anyways my current therapist is a real joke. I am feeling so annoyed right now!

Old 02-11-2004, 06:39 PM   #8
    Mission_Void
    Inactive

Mission_Void HB User

Wholly cow! You hit the jack pot. Sorry to say. I am there with the most of you. Untreatable depression (over 22 meds to date), but taking Clonazepam for anxiety. Most of the time it helps and sometimes I feel like I need a little more. Life is irritating to me a lot. Panic happens on ocassion. I have GAD. That's worse than anxiety itself in a way. Needless worry and feelings of nervousness. I am know as an obsessive thinker. That can wear one down quickly at times. I catch myself having these make believe arguments with people of the past. Whew! And then panic can sometimes elevate. Very tiring, and really needless for no reason. What can I say? MV

Old 02-12-2004, 06:16 AM   #9
    sha79

sha79 HB User

I have Social Anxiety, GAD, and depression. I take Zoloft and Klonopin. They work pretty good. Just trying to take one day at a time and hope it keeps working.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 AM   #10
    mouse62
    Inactive

mouse62 HB User

I have a "cluster" of depression/anxiety/social phobia. They all seem to be related biochemically because when I took Prozac for depression, as an unexpected and delightful side benefit, my lifelong shyness disappeared for awhile.

I now take a small dose of Xanax daily, as the stress/anxiety has been the biggest issue with me for the past couple of years.

I also suffer with alcoholic/addict problems. Often these go with depression-prone people.

(Paradoxically) I have been blessed with almost 100% excellent physical health for my 41 years.

Old 02-13-2004, 03:26 AM   #11
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

I have severe depression, anxiety & most recently, panic attacks. Never had them til I had withdrawals from 2 new AD's that didnt' work for me. Now I have it ALL! Oh, yes & the obsessive worrying!! Now, mind you that is without meds. I have just been thru a med change & (since Oct) my new "cocktail" of meds seems to be working. Luvox was added recently for the obsessive worrying. I also have reflux & had 2 ulcers & IBS & TMJ. Talk about being a mess!!!

Old 02-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #12
    f33l h3lpl3ss

f33l h3lpl3ss HB User

I am finding that more and more people are dealing with depression and anxiety. Somehow some people CAN deal with it without meds. The Zoloft has kicked in, and after being on it for a week, I am feeling somewhat normal again. But this sitting around the house for the next two weeks waiting to see IF I can go back to work is for the birds. I'm putting in applications every place I know. I figure it's better to put myself out there than to retreat.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #13
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
    I am finding that more and more people are dealing with depression and anxiety. Somehow some people CAN deal with it without meds.
    Well, you know, you have to define "deal." Some people thrive on stress. Others simply refuse to admit that it's getting to them. Some "self-medicate" with alcohol or drugs. For most people, a good diet and exercise and emtional support are all they need.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #14
    index.html
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

index.html HB User

Quote:
    The Zoloft has kicked in, and after being on it for a week, I am feeling somewhat normal again... I'm putting in applications every place I know. I figure it's better to put myself out there than to retreat.
    Yeah, helpless! I'm soooo glad the Zoloft is starting to help!!!

As far as the applications, YOU GO, GIRL! You are absolutely right - retreating isn't the best plan. I'm proud of you.

PS. you're going to have to change your name - you're not helpless anymore!

Old 02-14-2004, 12:06 AM   #15
    beebsqtip

beebsqtip HB User

I have panic/anxiety disorder along with argraphobia I think thats what its called. I have also depression. I'm a nut every week I have a new disease or sickness well something. Of course this is mainly in my head. The worst thing my panic attacks are meds related or any kind of medicine so I can 't take any. Well, some multi vitamins but thats it. Can't even get my blood taken out! Yes, I'm a true nut.

Closed Thread