It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Wellbutrin Side Effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
    browneyedgrl
    (female)

browneyedgrl HB User
    Wellbutrin Side Effects

I just started Wellbutrin last week. I've been on it for exactly 9 days. Well, ever since I started it, I've been a freaking ball of nerves. My hands are shaky, I feel like I've drank 10 cups of coffee, I feel even more anxious and nervous than normal. I was actually better with anxiety, but this has brought it out. I've just felt even worse emotionally since starting it. Like at my absolute worst. Saturday, I did not even want to go out when it was such a beautiful day, but my fiance got me to go. Is this normal?

Oh, and also, my appetite is totally gone. I mean, I'm a pig with food. If I didn't have a fast metabolism, I'd be in big trouble. I have a cake in my refrigerator right now, and I've only had like 2 slices of it in the past few days. My appetite is definitely affected.

Last edited by browneyedgrl; 05-06-2004 at 08:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
    BlueEyes_97453

BlueEyes_97453 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin Side Effects

Hmmmm, i have been tossing the idea of changing from Prozac to Wellbutrin but I can't decide. I need to lose some weight, but i don't want to be all shaky and nervous...that's why i don't take diet pills. My sex drive is what need some help, ever since starting prozac my sex drive is almost nil. My fiannce is not happy and it's affecting our relationship. The thing is though, when i attempt to make love it doesn't even feel good. *blushing* kinda hard to put into words. Does anyone know what i mean???

the original question lol....should i switch to wellbutrin, or ask for something else, cause something needs to be done here

Blue

Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #3
    browneyedgrl
    (female)

browneyedgrl HB User

I'm really scared right now. I feel in a better mood, but my social anxiety is REALLY bad. My hands get shaky in front of people out of nervousness when I wasn't like this before. It's like I'm scared to deal with any person right now. And I don't know if this is normal or what. I just feel hopeless, like there's no one who can help me. I just want to cry.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
    browneyedgrl
    (female)

browneyedgrl HB User

I just realized this makes you feel like you've had so much caffeine. When I was younger, I would get shaky like this, and I think drinking a lot of soda contributed to it since that has caffeine in it. But then I got to a point where I just drank water or iced tea all the time and cut soda completely, and the nervousness and anxiety stopped. Hmmm...

Old 05-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
    DYSTHMIATOO

DYSTHMIATOO HB User

I would definitely let my doctor know of these side effects. Wellbutrin made me very jumpy and when I called the doctor I was advised to quit taking it immediately.

Old 05-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #6
    mystic_gemini

mystic_gemini HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueEyes_97453
    Hmmmm, i have been tossing the idea of changing from Prozac to Wellbutrin but I can't decide. I need to lose some weight, but i don't want to be all shaky and nervous...that's why i don't take diet pills. My sex drive is what need some help, ever since starting prozac my sex drive is almost nil. My fiannce is not happy and it's affecting our relationship. The thing is though, when i attempt to make love it doesn't even feel good. *blushing* kinda hard to put into words. Does anyone know what i mean???

the original question lol....should i switch to wellbutrin, or ask for something else, cause something needs to be done here

Blue
    Based on my personal experience, I'd recommend talking to your doctor about switching to Wellbutrin. I've been taking it for a little over a year, and when I started I was in a similar situation to what you describe. I needed to lose weight, and my doctor recommended Wellbutrin b/c it is supposed to be "weight neutral", while many other anti-depressants have weight gain as a side effect. I have lost about 40 lbs since starting the Wellbutrin. Of course, it has as much to do with healthy diet and exercise as anything else, but I think that relieving depression helped, and at least the drug wasn't hindering me. I haven't noticed any sexual side effects either. I haven't experienced the shaking, etc. that browneyedgrl describes (and agree with the person who says talk to your doctor about that--it's not normal). But I am also being treated for anxiety with Klonopin. Long before I started taking either drug I was having severe panic attacks that included shaking, so I wouldn't necessarily notice that particular side effect.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread