It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Ok, how about some POSITIVE comments about Lexapro!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
    Kevin72

Kevin72 HB User
    Ok, how about some POSITIVE comments about Lexapro!

I just started on Lexapro and almost everything I've read in this forum seems to be negative. I've only been on it for 2 days but it seems to be going good so far (except for a few minor stomach aches that go away fairly quickly).
    I'm looking for some positive reinforcement about Lexapro so if you have something GOOD to say about it, I'd love to hear!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
    NatureGirl61
    Inactive

NatureGirl61 HB User
    Re: Ok, how about some POSITIVE comments about Lexapro!

I am taking Lexapro, and I am satisfied with the results I am getting. However, I think the effects are starting to wear off. I am debating whether I should see the doctor for an increase in the dosage or just let it go because I do have many things going on in my life right now.

I have heard negative things about Lexapro, too, but each anti-depressant varies individual to individual. One may work very well for a person while it may not work for another person.

If Lexapro works for you, great!! Stay with it like I am.

Old 05-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
    Ann123
    (female)

Ann123 HB User

I am a fan of Lexapro. No problems with it.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
    Mushroomie
    (female)

Mushroomie HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Ok, how about some POSITIVE comments about Lexapro!

Hello, I have been on Lexapro now sinse Dec 2003, I take 20mg now. I started out at 10mg and I thought It could get better and it did. The first 2 weeks are kind of hard for the side effects but after that its a pretty good pill Your body has to get used to it thats all. It works great for my anxiety so I would recommond it to any one who has anxiety issues.

Hope this helps,
    Mushroomie

Old 05-10-2004, 03:09 AM   #5
    LouisianaLady22

LouisianaLady22 HB User
    POSITIVE comments about LexaproAND honest comments about withdrawal!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevin72
    I just started on Lexapro and almost everything I've read in this forum seems to be negative. I've only been on it for 2 days but it seems to be going good so far (except for a few minor stomach aches that go away fairly quickly).
    I'm looking for some positive reinforcement about Lexapro so if you have something GOOD to say about it, I'd love to hear!
    Hi! I'm new to this and not sure if anyone will see my message. Anyway..I will try. I had to respond to you Kevin, I was taking Lexapro for about 10 months for panic attacks. IT WORKS! It also helped my depression and crying spells. And for all this time, I have felt normal, balanced and not drugged. The only downside I could see a bit of sexual difference, just not wanting it much, but that I felt was a good thing sometimes because I am single and not seeing anyone currently. I say, take it and see how you do. But get a doctor also that really understands withdrawals and getting off any of these meds cold turkey! It it appalling that doctors don't know enough about the meds they market. Lexapro truly gave me a new life. But for some reason it didn't last. Or maybe I just needed something else with it? I really don't know. I hope this helps you in some way.
    NOW though, and what really brought me to search the web for answers to how I'm feeling currently is the last 2 weeks I have had lots of stress and some life changing events that have triggered me into a near breakdown. My doctor wanted me to switch to Paxil CR. She started me on the Paxil with samples and told me...to just stop the Lexapro. BIG MISTAKE!! And when I went to get the Paxil filled at the pharmacy, my insurance had canceled on me. So I couldnt continue taking it. I went back to her and she wouldn't give me anymore samples. So.......NOW....I have been suffering for about a week in my own mirsery. I'm naseated (excuse my spelling, i havent slept yet and now its almost 5am and here), having severe headaches, tremors, sweats and feel like dying. I went already once to the ER because I couldn't get to see my doctor and they nearly laughed at me. They said, they doubt I was having withdrawals from the Lexapro. That I was merely experiencing stress and anxiety. Those ASSES!
    Here I have read stories from many that are having the same syptoms Im having. The only thing Ive known so far to do is: take dramamine (for dizzyness) and take my pain meds more (dealing with a back injury, at home all the time, can't work, can't sleep) and they knock me out. I am horrified now that Ive read some say it may take 3-4 weeks to get over this. I don't know how I will make it. I do know it sucks! Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go to her tommorrow and demand more samples to at least slowly get off of the lexapro. Or should I even reintroduce them to my system. ??? This shouldn't happen to anyone.
    Sorry to end on such a ugly note but I'm being so honest here. I'm grateful to find these boards.
    Now, I'm going to try to go sleep.
    I remain,
    LaLady

Last edited by LouisianaLady22; 05-10-2004 at 03:20 AM.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #6
    Kevin72

Kevin72 HB User
    Talking Re: Ok, how about some POSITIVE comments about Lexapro!

Best of luck LaLady and thanks for the reply. I've been on it for a week now and there are basically zero side effects except for the first day or two (kind of tired, stomach a bit upset) - but maybe I'm speaking too soon. I've felt better, I think, but sometimes the depression kind of creeps back but not nearly as bad as before. The doc says it takes a good 7-10 days for it start to take affect. Only time will tell!

Old 05-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User

No weight gain at all? How long have you been on it?

Salty

Old 05-11-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mushroomie, no weight gain????

Salty

Old 05-11-2004, 02:39 PM   #9
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

I had no problems with Lexapro. No weight gain or anything else. It did stop working for me after about 9 months, though. Then I added Welbutrin to the mix and that worked fine.

Old 05-29-2004, 05:48 AM   #10
    GUSTAV

GUSTAV HB User

Greetings from Gustav,

You are looking for positive comments so I will give you some. I have been on LEXAPRO almost 7 weeks. Startup side affects were minimal at worst. Some very minor night sweating and jaw clenching but these went away by the 3rd week. Sexual dysfunction since day one but the loss of libido is actually welcome and the delay is O.K., better than being depressed.

Started at 10mg by family physician and it addressed all of my depression symptoms. Great, amazing, wonderful. Cannot say enough good things about it. A therapist bumped up the dosage to 20mg at 5 weeks because it was doing nothing for my OCD. No new or recurring side affects and it seems to be working on the OCD as well.

Everybody is different on meds but I like it. Good luck and peace.

Old 05-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

<<I went already once to the ER because I couldn't get to see my doctor and they nearly laughed at me. They said, they doubt I was having withdrawals from the Lexapro. That I was merely experiencing stress and anxiety. Those ASSES!>>

That is so typical! I hope you made it through this. Post if you are still around.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #12
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

No weight gain, Gustav???

Salty

Old 06-19-2004, 08:08 PM   #13
    GUSTAV

GUSTAV HB User

Greetings from Gustav,

I have been on the LEXAPRO about 10 weeks and absolutely NO weight gain. I am just holding steady at 160 lbs.

Peace, Gustav.

Old 06-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #14
    Mushroomie
    (female)

Mushroomie HB User

Salty,
    Yes weight gain but I don't know if its from my Remeron or Lexapro coud even be both, I guess at this point I would rather be fat and be abel fo function in life then not take anything and be a raging idiot LMAO!! Welcome to the Lexapro Club!!!!!

Peace
    Mushroomie

Old 06-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
    GUSTAV

GUSTAV HB User

Greetings from Gustav,

Yeah, I hear you MUSHROOMIE. Debbie and I are not gaining weight as I said in my earlier post. But.....even if we were we would rather still be fat, happy people than skinny, raging, irrational, illogical, depressed, anxious people.

Peace, Greg.

Closed Thread