It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• making friends & finding love when depressed & suffering anxiety.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
    GOLDBERG
    Inactive

GOLDBERG HB User
    making friends & finding love when depressed & suffering anxiety.

How do you make friends & ultimately find LOVE when you are depressed & anxious? i need help & advice from anyone who has suggestions or experience with this. i only have friendships with my parents whom i rely on to keep me saine! i want 2keep these close family ties but would like my own famiy & friends & a social life outside my parents. i am a nice guy but like you guys suffer with my health. i ache not to be alone, id love a few good friends & a love life with a future. i strugle to have many intrests in my life. i love talking & being open with feelings but as things like sport, cinema going out etc i seem to not be to into things when im really down. i stay home alone in my room ater work & watch dvds. its a loners life when i want to be around people having fun. i honestly have forgotten how to have fun. when i do go out i feel like an outsider, trying to fit in. ive got to go out more, try diferent things but i feel weird when im down, as well as very anxious. ive been getting panic attacks again at the thorght of going out. i would be so much happier with some friends to talk to, help& care for each other , hang out & have fun with & i would be so happy to find love again in my life. goldberg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
    Stcy

Stcy HB User
    Question Re: making friends & finding love when depressed & suffering anxiety.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GOLDBERG
    How do you make friends & ultimately find LOVE when you are depressed & anxious? i need help & advice from anyone who has suggestions or experience with this. i only have friendships with my parents whom i rely on to keep me saine! i want 2keep these close family ties but would like my own famiy & friends & a social life outside my parents. i am a nice guy but like you guys suffer with my health. i ache not to be alone, id love a few good friends & a love life with a future. i strugle to have many intrests in my life. i love talking & being open with feelings but as things like sport, cinema going out etc i seem to not be to into things when im really down. i stay home alone in my room ater work & watch dvds. its a loners life when i want to be around people having fun. i honestly have forgotten how to have fun. when i do go out i feel like an outsider, trying to fit in. ive got to go out more, try diferent things but i feel weird when im down, as well as very anxious. ive been getting panic attacks again at the thorght of going out. i would be so much happier with some friends to talk to, help& care for each other , hang out & have fun with & i would be so happy to find love again in my life. goldberg
    Are you on any meds or anything since you are suffering from the depression and anxiety???

Old 06-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
    enoch
    Inactive

enoch HB User
    Re: making friends & finding love when depressed & suffering anxiety.

online dating - many offer free membership you can post your information on there - but then if you want to have contact via email or instant message you will have to spend some money - now in your profile on there you don't have to post that you got problems or suffer with this or that - then just get on line and try to make friends - and once you have found someone who you seem to get along with you can slowly introduce all of you to them. in this world everyone seems normal till you get to know them - then you discover everybody has "stuff" about them - as a wise old shrink once told me regarding meds "everybody ends up on something" - so if you have found someone you really like and the trust builds up and they are of decent sorts once you begin to reveal the maladies that plague you they will hopefully accept you - if not keep going - there are many lonely people gold - you can make it a fun thing

Old 06-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
    GOLDBERG
    Inactive

GOLDBERG HB User

YES, im currently on reboxetine 8mg. ive been on it for 1week. im suffering with side effects but i feel its working & given time may help me . i was on prozac for years before. im 29 & since i had my first breakdown when i was 17 ive been on & off meds.ive come so far in my life & i want to take it on to the next step. its been a long hard road with plenty of ups & downs! i was a scared boy when first diagnosed with depression & anxiety. my first of many breakdowns was the worst. i spent my life in pure fear & panic attacks. my mum had to stay with me practically 24hrs a day & hold me on the sofa till i fell asleep. im dependent on my parents still which is worrying. i work with my dad which i love. im so happy to be able to work.i have only really been well enough to work for four years. i live with mum & dad. i do want my own life . i struggle to work but am happiest when working & i know ive no chance of surviving without being able to work & support myself. i have had friends & they all seem to have disappeared as ive got older. they have there own lifes & we have drifted apart. my best friend died & i miss him dearly. if he was alive i know i wouldnt be so lonely & i would be happier.he was a true friend & we were so close. ive dated girls in my past, i feel deeply in love & had a relationship with my ex girlfriend for a year two years ago, we have been split up for 1year & it is defenitly over.she broke my heart as i felt she was the one. now im over her & want to find TRUE LOVE. I want to e happy again. ive come so far.i was so happy when i was with her. i had dreams & i felt a future.now i feel so alone, i have no one to turn to, my mum & dad have been stressed enough with me! i am scared but i have to have a life & future of my own. i like to please people & make them laugh , thats my idea of fun. i love caring for people& making them happy, that makes me happy.ive been in hospital once to get treated, had my share of counciling too. i cant have counciling now because id have to give up work which is the only thing that keeps me going.i have to much time of work with miagraines & depression & anxiety as it is.would kill parents if i cant pull myself out of this. im so alone & id done so well & became as near to normal when i was with my ex & now i feel im back to square one.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #5
    GOLDBERG
    Inactive

GOLDBERG HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by enoch
    online dating - many offer free membership you can post your information on there - but then if you want to have contact via email or instant message you will have to spend some money - now in your profile on there you don't have to post that you got problems or suffer with this or that - then just get on line and try to make friends - and once you have found someone who you seem to get along with you can slowly introduce all of you to them. in this world everyone seems normal till you get to know them - then you discover everybody has "stuff" about them - as a wise old shrink once told me regarding meds "everybody ends up on something" - so if you have found someone you really like and the trust builds up and they are of decent sorts once you begin to reveal the maladies that plague you they will hopefully accept you - if not keep going - there are many lonely people gold - you can make it a fun thing
    thanks enoch, i met my ex on a dating agency. i currently have my profile online but no joy for replies. i will make profile as intresting as i can & hope to make friends & maybe meet someone.i met about 90 women before i met my ex over the years, i dated a few, but found love once. hope i dont have to go through 90 more before i meet miss right again! take care enoch, your wise & kind & i wish you good health & happyness. goldberg

Old 06-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #6
    enoch
    Inactive

enoch HB User

goldberg - whats ninty bricks in the finished structure of brick house? you do your best with each one as it comes along and then move on to the next - maybe post some other profiles elsewhere - just to have something to do - and sooner of later - stuff happens - because your trying and your putting yourself out there even if your heavy at times.. from personal experience I know sometimes new interactions are very painful when the moment comes where you realize your not talking to an earthling at all - but some infestation from space that has invaded a womans body and taken over.. nothing to do then but run for you life... but even in going through 90 your at least having interaction of some sort instead of being holed up licking wounds in the boot of your mind.. if you find any really zany women - feel free to past them along to me.. lol... (but not if their name begins with an L).

Closed Thread