It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lexapro, Klonopin is it necessary?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #1
    kk19

kk19 HB User
    Lexapro, Klonopin is it necessary?

Hi Everyone!

Let's see, it started out about 1 1/2 years ago. I beleive I had a panic attack, i've never had one before, but this is what the doctors told me had happened. It actually happened right before I went to bed and I didn't think it was panic, but the doc's seemed to think I was wrong. So needless to say they put me on Paxil, which didn't do anything, I still felt horrible. Then they put me on Lexapro 10 mg a day and klonopin 2 mg a day. For the past year, I have had every test imagineable to man, CT scans, ENT tests, EKG, ECG, tilt table test... and with no luck I am still having Lightheadedness. I have asked every doctor I have been too if the lexapro or klonopin can make this happen, but they assure me it's not the medication, they still think i'm depressed, which I never was to begin with.

So now I'm taking things into my own hands, weaning off the medication. I am down to 5 mg of lexapro every 4 days and 1 mg of klonopin every day. I have read the boards and agree with all the withdrawal effects of lexapro, brain shocks, tiredness, dizziness(what else is new though), headaches and everything else to go with it. I definitely need to get off this medication, I don't think I ever should've went on it to begin with. How long do the withdrawal effects with this usually last? I've decided to go off the lexapro first and then deal with the klonopin though. can't do both at the same time. I'm hoping that my lightheadedness will finally go away, it's been a year and a 1/2 and I want to feel normal again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
    Kaitrin
    Veteran
    (female)

Kaitrin HB User
    Re: Lexapro, Klonopin is it necessary?

I wish you'd talk to your doctor about this - if you want to try being off the medication that's understandable, but it's best to taper off under their supervision. But, I know I'm not your mom so good luck and I hope the tapering goes well for you. Hopefully you'll do fine.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #3
    kk19

kk19 HB User

I actually have discussed this with my doctor, although they also say I shouldn't have any withdrawal effects from the lexapro or the klonopin. At first she wanted me to just go off it completely, that didn't work for me, because of all the withdrawal, so I'm doing it more slow. Thanks for your input and if you have any insight as to when the withdrawal effects will finally go away, that would be great. Even weaning off of the meds this slowly and the withdrawal effects are still there?

Last edited by kk19; 06-30-2004 at 08:10 AM.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #4
    Kaitrin
    Veteran
    (female)

Kaitrin HB User

I'm glad you talked to your doctor! I think for most people the withdrawal effects last a week or two - but some people never have any symptoms at all, while for other people it last for months. Unfortunately it is hard to predict. I hope you feel better very soon!

Old 07-06-2004, 06:17 AM   #5
    kk19

kk19 HB User

Thanks very much! I hope I feel better too! Enough is enough!

Closed Thread